Random logouts....

MrGaribaldi

It seems I've got a little problem whilst browsing the forum...

Every so often I will be logged out, and I'll have to go to the main forum page, as the login screen presented when trying to reply just gives me an error:
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Whilst this should happen every once in a while, as my cookie times out, it shouldn't be happening 2 or 3 times a day, nor should I have any problems logging in through the page presented to me...

I've gone over my browser settings (opera 6.01) and could find no reason for this to happen...

Any ideas are welcome...

i sometimes get that error too. other times, when i click "submit", it said i'm not logged in and asked for a password. it doesn't happen as often as yours though.
using win95 w/ IE5

Originally posted by Ai Hate
i sometimes get that error too. other times, when i click "submit", it said i'm not logged in and asked for a password. it doesn't happen as often as yours though.
using win95 w/ IE5

Hmmz... Might be something with the forum then...
Might not support too many "submits" at the same time, or something...

Sounds like a cookie problem. Maybe they're not compatible with every browser/OS combination? Can Opera limit cookie ages?

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Sounds like a cookie problem. Maybe they're not compatible with every browser/OS combination? Can Opera limit cookie ages?

I doubt that, as it managed to keep my cookie from hardforum.com for 3 months... (I didn't visit the board in 3 months, but it still remembered me when I got back...)

Besides, I've been using Opera on these boards for ages, and it's first now I've gotten this problem...

I'm having this problem too and I don't think it's a browser/OS problem. I'm viewing the forums with Mozilla 0.9.9 (and the nightly snapshots b4 that came out) on WinXp, WinNT and Win98. The problem has only occured recently.

Back