Random reboot problems... (minidumps attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I've been having problems with random reboots. This problem has persisted over many recent hardware changes, and a format, so I'm having difficulty pinning it down. I generally get reboots roughly every couple of hours, but after one it seems much more likely that I will get another soon afterwards.

I've tried looking into the error codes in event viewer, and the minidumps, but I can't seem to run dumpchk.exe (a window opens for a split second, then dissappears). I was wondering whether someone could have a look at them for me? If someone could give me some indication of what has been causing these crashes I would be extremely grateful!

cheers :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You have some kind of hardware error. This could be ram/Video ram/L2 cach ram of your cpu etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the link, Howard - and for looking at my minidumps :)

In fact, I did actually read the sticky before I posted! (shock! horror!)

The video cards and CPU are brand new, and the memory passed memtest overnight. The problem persists from the old CPU and video cards, so I'm reluctant to blame either of these.

There is one possibility, and that is that this memory just doesn't like a 9x CPU divider? :s with my old FX55 I could never get a 9x divider stable, and this opteron 144 is stuck at 9x. I will try a different chip, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back