Random Rebooting

By PaulSwany
Jun 28, 2007
  1. I've got a DELL E310 that started randomly rebooting about twice a day... Here's the error from the log:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8053aa92, parameter3 aa28ec98, parameter4 00000000

Any help is appreciated.
  2. herr5407

herr5407 TS Rookie Posts: 101

Did a quick search regarding the error code and found a post on another forum. David Candy's reply a couple posts down is massive and have a comprehensive guide to find the root of the problem/solve it completely.
  3. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

There can be several reasons for random rebooting. Here are a few to start with

• Corrupt Registry

Use a registry cleaner. I recommend Registry Mechanic by PC Tools,

• Overheating

Load Lavalys EVEREST Home Edition and check what the temperature is on your CPU and MoBo.,23043-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html If the temps are well voer 50 deg-C, add a second system fan at the chassis vent to help evacuate the chassis of hot air. This is in addition to the CPU fan.

• Flacky RAM

Pop in new RAM and see if the rebooting disappears. If it does, then the old RAM was flacky.
  4. PaulSwany

PaulSwany TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried this procedure, but when I do the minidump analysis I get error's about missing symbols... When I ran thru all the step to help fix the problem, I wasn't able to do this one:
    Any idea's where I might be able to get the sysbols to load?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.