Random reboots...minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhowie

Thanks in advance for your help on this one.

XP SP2 user who has recently encountered random reboots of the STOP: 0x0000008E variety. I haven't been able to pin down the cause, and the odd piece of this puzzle is that they have occurred across two different machines (software or hardware). This began occurring on my (now) old machine approximately one month ago and I built a new machine over Thanksgiving. Same issue with the new machine. I was hoping to eliminate this issue as the new machine is indeed brand new as it has a new CPU, Motherboard, RAM, HDD, DVD drive, video card, and a freshly installed OS.

The only constant across the two machines is my monitor (Gateway 24"-DVI) and USB/Firewire devices plugged into it. I acquired this monitor around the time the crashes began, but I don't want to bias any diagnoses, although it seems (to the untrained eye) possibly more than coincidence. Could a monitor cause this behavior? I have swapped DVI cables but the problem persists

At any rate, I have attached three minidumps from the past week. If you would be so kind, please review and offer your insight/direction.

Regards...

Attachments

• Mini120207-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini112907-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back