Random reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhowie

Hello-

I have experienced four random reboots over the past five weeks, all occurring during the morning hours (midnight-7:30am), and all while the computer was unattended (and the monitors powered down via the OS- XP SP2) . I wonder if some of you might analyze the attached minidumps and direct me down a path toward rectifying this problem? As I looked at the logs in the Event Viewer for each one of these incidents, the information seemed quite congruent, so I have a suspicion there is something distinct causing the reboots. Of course, this could be wrong, so I am hopeful you will find something in the minidumps to point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Three of your minidumps were 0x50 errors: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Your other minidump was an 0x8E erro:
KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

The drivers cited were ati2dvag.dll and ati2cqad.dll which are ATI drivers.

Another two drivers were avg7rsxp.sys avginet.exe which are part of AVG antivirus with the latter an update loader driver.

* I would update my drivers for both my video card and anti-virus software.

* I would also run MemTest on your memory for a minimum of 7 passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back