Random Restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm 15 so I wouldnt really get that stuff but I do think I know about computers more than your average 15 year old so I'll try. I reformatted my computer this morning, Ive had that same error message once fro a random restart. And it hasnt occured as of yet.
So what problems can it leave?
Could it be my RAM?

@Tedster

I visted the thread and I didnt get a certain step.

"3) open a CMD prompt and cd\program files\debugging tools for windows\
4) type the following stuff:
Code:

c:\program files\debugging tools>kd -z C:\WINDOWS\ Minidump\Mini081505-01.dmp
(it will spew a bunch)
kd> .logopen c:\debuglog.txt
kd> .sympath srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
kd> .reload;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmnt;.logclose;q

5) You now have a debuglog.txt in c:\, open it in notepad and post the content here"

By open a cmd prompt, does it mean go to Start>Run>cmd.exe.
Because I typed in the location and what is stated there and it said its not a
valid path.

I got my dad to help me with the debugging.
I have attached the log.
I reformatted and the problem of the random restart has occured twice, so that may help determine what the problem is.

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 11
It occured once more, I noticed that when I play Warcraft III Frozen Throne, it definately restarts within 10-20 minutes of playing or less. And when not in a game, browsing through my computer, it restarts less often. Could this mean that it may be a Video/Graphics card problem.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

No, we need you to post the actual minidump files themselves as attachments.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Two Problems. Minidumps attached

I have made a thread before which I have deleted because two new problems have arised.
I still get the random reboots now but not as often as before. 2 or 3 times a day now.
The other problem is that my internet connection has also gone slow, I do not know where to post this. At times it does not work at all, at times it works realllllyy slow and other times it works normal.
Late at around 11pm is starts working at sluggish to normal speed other times it just doesnt work or takes forever. We have called TPG and yet it didnt help.
However I have found something that may link the two problems into one.
My TrendMicro PC Cillin has detected a network virus and says it has passed through but cant do anything about it. The name that was given to it is MS03-026_RPC_DCOM_REMACT_EXPLOIT and information can be found on http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/secadvisories/default6.asp?VName=MS03-026_RPC_DCOM_REMACT_EXPLOIT.

I think this what is causing my internet to run slow and my pc to restart every now and then. The last few minidumps are attached.
Any help appreciated.

It looks to me like your pc is seriously infected.

Below are some instructions that will help.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS.

You need to make a post in the Security and the Web forum in order to recieve more help. Please don't post the attachments in this forum.

Threads merged.

Your minidumps crash with various culprits and bugchecks, including hardware and IP_MISALIGNED.

This means you have some kind of hardware failure, probably faulty ram.

Go and test your ram as per the instructions HERE.

Once you have solved your hardware problem, we`ll need to solve your malware problem.

Regards Howard :)

The problem has been happening for a while and late last week I had reformatted the ENTIRE computer and it still happends, even after reformatting?
Ill install and follow all those instructions soon, do I make a new thread in that section and post the attachments? What problem is this exactly fixing, the restarting or the internet?
I am on router, making the connection effect all computers if that helps at all.

That`s what I`m telling you. the fact you reformatted, should`ve got rid of any viruses etc.

However, according to your minidumps, your crashing problem is probably caused by faulty hardware and that`s why a format hasn`t solved your problem.

Until you solve your hardware problem, there`s absolutely no point in following malware removal instructions, nor, opening any new threads.

Regards Howard :)

My interent seldom works now so I have a hard time trying to download anything and when it does it goes really slow.
Ill try post the latest few minidumps.
It seemed to me that the problem had gone away for a day, but when i started to play Warcraft again with no internet, it restarts 3 times, all when I was in game. So might it be a graphics card problem?

Howard asked you to run memtest. Until you have done so we cant help further.
Posting more minidumps will not help.

I have burnt the iso on a cd, and when I reboot my computer to run memtest, I get the option Boot from CD, howver it doenst say press any key and I even try to press a key and nothing happends, it just goes to the logon screen. In my BIOS it has boot from cd as first optoin so whats wrong?

I have come to the conclusion that my comuter is over heating so thats why it keeps restarting. How many i solve this problem? It makes alot of noise too and only restarts when im gaming, because my fan need sto work harder when games are played.

Please be more specific about the noise it makes. What kind noise is it? Does it happen all the time? If not, when does it start?

It always makes a loud humming noise. It kinda sounds like a 'zzzz' with a bit of bassy hum. When I play 3d games, the humming gets louder and as it does the restart automatically it makes one loud hum then just restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back