Random Restarts of the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

krnricebowl57

Hey, my computer has been randomly restarting. i believe its not a heating problem because it the sensors say its in a good range around 37. doesn't matter what im doing at the time it restarts. I could be typing up a paper due tommorrow, reading things online, chatting, playing a game, and it would just restart.

i have changed the original ram that was in there, because i read it could be bad ram but it didn't change a thing. the stats of the computer are:

Gigabyte K8nf-9 mobo
Amd athlon 3000+ socket 939
Corsair 1 gb pc3200 dual channel
seagate 60 gig sata hdd
ati radeon x300 pci-E
windows xp pro
1 cooling fan - front
1 cooling fan - rear
1 cooling fan - side
1 pci cooling ran - rear
1 foxconn heatsink and fan
420 watt psu raid max
ultra uv side panel case

note; the northbridge chipset gets really hot. there's no fan on it. but gigabyte isn't stupid to put passive cooling on it if it would get hot enough to damage it. i did a reinstall of xp and it still restarts randomly, as far as i can see all drivers are installed correctly.

right now im thinking the power supply is unstable. i can't think of anything else.

but if anyone can help me out. it would be great

CPU-Z it and attach here HTML report

hi,

please use cpu-z and go to the last tab of it ABOUT and generate an HTML report, then upload this file here.

here's a link for CPUZ. Just scroll down and download it from either of the links. I think this link is working

you may have a virus in your pc that causes it to reboot. go here you must follow all the instructions to the letter. then post your hijack this log for inspection. after you install hjt, dont forget to change its name, as there is malware that may be hidden.

i tried to follow the instructions the best i could, so im not sure if i got them all right. but i tried and im having trouble uploading the log file for hijack this. after several attempts this one mgiht work.

okay, i'm pretty sure it's the ram because i've had a similar case after changing mine.

i have a request and i don't know if you can do it or not. can you bring back your OLD ram again, install it and run cpuz again and upload its report.

i want to compare both results, one with the old stable ram (i assume that your pc was stable before installing the new ram stick) and the other with the new unstable ram

I can reinstall the old ram, but i dont' think it will do much difference. The reason i changed the ram was because i thought it was unstable. i had read on a fourm that bad ram could cause system unstability, so while i was out changing the ram i had decided to upgrade it at the same time.

but if you still want me to do it, i can. let me know cuz i dont' think it would fix anything.

oh yeah not to mention, i also did several scans on the computer, including
norton 8
adaware (se personal)
spybot search and destroy
webroot (full version)
other random virus and trojan scans.

okay, frankly speaking, system unstability which i doubt you're experiencing is because some overclocking done without any interference from you. I mean, that it is done and you didn't do it INTENTIONALLY.

I'm comparing it with my case when i changed my ram to a faster one THAT WAS ACTUALLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY PROCESSORS SYSTEM BUS.

So, for my case, i entered the bios and lowered the operating frequency of my Dram to be compatible with my old processor.

I don't know if this is your case, but what made me put my request of SW-ing back to the old ram is that i wanted to see its frequency and compare it with the one you've already posted. I MEAN, I EXPECT IT TO BE SLOWER...

But wait a sec., you mentioned that you bought the new one because you did experience some unstability, but you didn't mention what could have caused it in the case of the old ram, did you? i guess not.

did you make any hardware or software installations?????

this is getting deep :S

i didn't change anything. the only setting i changed in the bios was to book cd rom first then hdd second.

i've been having this problem so i searched forums and i found one who had the same problem as i did. so he changed the ram and his problem was fixed. thats were i got the idea to change my ram.

all the software that was on here before are still here and i didn't add anything new. im thinking that its a driver or software problem. when it restarts. there's a split second where the screen goes black before it restarts. im thinking in that split second the Blue screen of death is popping up but i don't see it because its happeing so fast. im just hinking theres something happening in that second of darkness where there is nothing. but i don't know.

im so confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back