Random shut-downs

Johnathon

So, a few months ago I bought a Dell inspiron 5552 laptop and in the past month or two I have been dealing with problems which are becoming VERY frequent. At random times, especially when I'm gaming, my laptop switches off - even when my laptop is cool. I downloaded Piriform's Specci and here are the results I got for the following hardware (Celsius): CPU 51, Motherboard 52, Hard drive 38 - These are the results on balanced and Dell battery life extender enabled. I've seen videos of dusting a laptop's ventilation system however their temperatures didn't seem to make a significant difference so I didn't try it. Any ideas?

Most probable issue is still the cooling and secondly too much power drain via graphics adaptor.

My graphics settings are set to: maximum battery, 3D preference on performance over quality, resolution 1366x768, colour depth 32 bit and refresh rate 60Hz. What should I change which will not drastically alter the over-all quality of the laptop?

Now that you have the settings, you can test anything else to see if that avoids the symptom and proceed from there

I would think that 3D and resolution 1366x768 would be more likely to stress the laptop. Recall; Laptops are not gaming systems but intended for portability, so while they might run a bit like that, they will certainly stress the hardware in gaming.

Back