Random Wireless disconnections

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I have a few laptops, a desktop and a xbox 360, sometimes the same 2 laptops and my 360 disconnect from the internet all at the same time but the desktop and other laptop don't and are fine, they all connect through wireless.

I have since bought a Wireless N USB adapter for my laptop and it will now not disconnect when the 360 and other laptop disconnect, so I'm not sure if there is some kind of hardware conflict or the wireless adapters are outdated and haven't had the latest firmware etc.

My router has the latest firmware and is some D-Link router, i can get the exact model number if you need but I'm just wondering why I get these random disconnections.

To manually resolve the problem I just restart the router and modem and everything works fine apart from lag on the xbox 360 in-game, however this has become rather an hassle.

Thanks.

Hi

random disconnections can be caused by heavy router traffic from nearby routers, such as neighbors etc, try going into the config and changing the channel it works on, you may have to try several times before finding a stable link.

Also live on the xbox can flood the router, causing slowdowns and lockups, as can downloading via things like utorrent and other torrent programs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back