Randomly lag during gaming

myty33

So whenever I play any games (BF4, ArmA2, CSGO) I randomly lag I have no idea why and I know that a gtx 980 should not be lagging playing them. If you need anymore information feel free to ask it would be great if someone could help!

Can we have your complete system specs, if you know them?
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 4.0 GHz
Number of Cores 8
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 980
Dedicated Memory 4.1 GB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Memory 8.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 64 Bit
Edition Professional
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95 ATA Device
CD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95 ATA Device
Drive 1
Size 931.4 GB
Free 835.4 GB
Drive 2
Size 297.9 GB
Free 297.8 GB
Drive 3
Size 111.8 GB
Free 43.4 GB
Drive 4
Size 100.0 MB
Free 84.7 MB

4 hard drives? How are they used?
I was always thinking I was having problems with my computer because of my motherboard because I have had to reset my whole computer 2 times since I got all the parts for it and the first time because of it would just randomly blue screen after a while of it being on and the second time because I got a SSD but that's beside the point. Now my computer used to just randomly restart but I fixed that so its just this random lag problem I have. The reason I think its my motherboard is because it's a POS xD But hey I dont know...

What is your motherboards model? SSD's need to be attached to SATA3 ports set as AHCI in the bios. Does your motherboard have them?

Not the best motherboard, but not the worst either. I use a ASrock Extreme 6 Intel. Have all the Windows 7 updates been applied, and is there a bios update available for your motherboard? How big is the SSD, 300GB?

Not the best motherboard, but not the worst either. I use a ASrock Extreme 6 Intel. Have all the Windows 7 updates been applied, and is there a bios update available for your motherboard? How big is the SSD, 300GB?
Im not 100% sure how to update the BIOS but its a 120GB ssd. I'm planing on upgradeing my motherboard this year and cpu to a 4770k and a Asus x99 deluxe or something along those lines.

So the SSD is listed as drive 3 here with 43GB free? You don't have to quote my every reply. Go to the ASrock website and look up your motherboards model and look for a bios update. They should have instructions. You may be able to stop this lag by using a standard hard drive for the boot drive instead of the SSD

Im not 100% sure how to update the BIOS but its a 120GB ssd. I'm planing on upgradeing my motherboard this year and cpu to a 4770k and a Asus x99 deluxe or something along those lines.
The 4770k will not work with an x99 board of any kind.

Back