Razer Blade Pro Review

Julio Franco

Staff member

Where the original Razer Blade was an exercise in compromise, the new Razer Blade Pro is about seeing how much power can be stuffed inside of a 17 inch wide, 11 inch deep, .88 inch tall aluminum housing. Thanks to engineering know-how, recent advances in graphics technology and Razer’s willingness to disregard what most might consider a reasonable price tag, the latest Blade Pro packs a remarkable amount of gaming goodness into these cramped confines.

Permalink to review.

So about the decision to move the track pad to the right:
I'm left handed....

Small change. Big consequence.

That's assuming there isn't some kind of option to have it on the left-hand side.

Wouldn't it be funny to put this laptop in your carry-on luggage and then board a plane and then ask the stewards if they wanna see your Razer Blade? :D lol. If you work for Razer, you can then allay their fears by saying "Don't worry, I'm a Razer Blade Pro Pro" :D. They'll take "pro pro" to mean "really really good" xD. Man, I need a life...

I'm left handed....

That's assuming there isn't some kind of option to have it on the left-hand side.
I'm a lefty in my childhood I thought left hand products doesn't exist so I accepted my fate and trained myself to use right hand equipments now I really cant use in left hand products especially the mouse

I'm left handed....

Unfortunately, giving a **** about left-handed customers rarely makes a particularly profitable business model, especially given that the number of left-handers who chose to game right-handed for one reason or another dilutes our numbers even farther.

I bought the first RBP when it came out back when, but the damn thing pissed me off so much that I flogged it on eBay... I got so tired of wrist pain from contorting my right hand and so irritated with having all these cables pissing all over my mousemat even when lying in bed! I got a MBP instead to fill the void of being a development machine and also a gaming rig to **** around on CS1.6 and HL2 a little bit. It was nice playing FarCry 1 again though and I think I even tried the CSGO beta on it as well.

That said though, I would still encourage left-handers to try this thing out... I'm more willing to have a go at shifting my standard TGFH config to the right and go with IKJL or even farther from WASD so that I can play comfortably just so that I can have the pleasure of gaming on what looks to be such an amazing piece of kit. Hell, I'd even be tempted to try playing some less awkward games right-handed just for this if it really is as good as this review would have me believe! Luckily we southpaws are all proficient in the art of right-handedness to some degree... I expect we could all do it way more easily than a right-hander could do the opposite... Most of my friends couldn't find their asses with their left hands ha ha

I'm a lefty in my childhood I thought left hand products doesn't exist so I accepted my fate and trained myself to use right hand equipments now I really cant use in left hand products especially the mouse
I can just about cope with using a mouse right handed, but why feel like you're putting up with something when they're asking you to pay through the nose for it?

Unfortunately, giving a **** about left-handed customers rarely makes a particularly profitable business model, especially given that the number of left-handers who chose to game right-handed for one reason or another dilutes our numbers even farther.

I bought the first RBP when it came out back when, but the damn thing pissed me off so much that I flogged it on eBay... I got so tired of wrist pain from contorting my right hand and so irritated with having all these cables pissing all over my mousemat even when lying in bed! I got a MBP instead to fill the void of being a development machine and also a gaming rig to **** around on CS1.6 and HL2 a little bit. It was nice playing FarCry 1 again though and I think I even tried the CSGO beta on it as well.

That said though, I would still encourage left-handers to try this thing out... I'm more willing to have a go at shifting my standard TGFH config to the right and go with IKJL or even farther from WASD so that I can play comfortably just so that I can have the pleasure of gaming on what looks to be such an amazing piece of kit. Hell, I'd even be tempted to try playing some less awkward games right-handed just for this if it really is as good as this review would have me believe! Luckily we southpaws are all proficient in the art of right-handedness to some degree... I expect we could all do it way more easily than a right-hander could do the opposite... Most of my friends couldn't find their asses with their left hands ha ha
Don't get me wrong, it looks like an amazing laptop and I'd personally love to try it. It just seems like a waste to not have a configuration option for the track pad on the left. That simple thing would then instantly make it appeal to both types of people. I'd even go so far as to say I'd be willing to pay a little more to have it custom on the left if I was already spending that kind of money.

I can just about cope with using a mouse right handed, but why feel like you're putting up with something when they're asking you to pay through the nose for it?.
if you're going to use a left hand mouse does it mean you need to change the keyboard layout too ? how can you actually play games with a normal keyboard while having the mouse on the left side too ?, its just the price of being a minority in the consumer products world we need to adopt

if you're going to use a left hand mouse does it mean you need to change the keyboard layout too ? how can you actually play games with a normal keyboard while having the mouse on the left side too ?, its just the price of being a minority in the consumer products world we need to adopt

I do game with the mouse on the left yes. It works just fine. The standard keyboard layout is also fine. I play games very happily. And while I accept it would have an effect on their production to have two different models, it's the kind of thing I'd even pay extra for considering the original total cost is already so high. What's an extra $50/£50 gonna hurt at that point?

And you can't use the argument "You're in the minority so it's not worth making products for it". Left handers are indeed the minority, but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of us. Why do they make and sell left-handed scissors? Why to they make XXXXL clothing? Why do they make artificial limbs? Minority != lack of need or lack of profit to be made. If anything, catering for a minority when no-one else does is pretty much guaranteed to make you money when they have no competition to go to.

I do game with the mouse on the left yes. It works just fine. The standard keyboard layout is also fine. I play games very happily. And while I accept it would have an effect on their production to have two different models, it's the kind of thing I'd even pay extra for considering the original total cost is already so high. What's an extra $50/£50 gonna hurt at that point?

And you can't use the argument "You're in the minority so it's not worth making products for it". Left handers are indeed the minority, but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of us. Why do they make and sell left-handed scissors? Why to they make XXXXL clothing? Why do they make artificial limbs? Minority != lack of need or lack of profit to be made. If anything, catering for a minority when no-one else does is pretty much guaranteed to make you money when they have no competition to go to.
you make such a good point I have to agree with you

Back