Razer BoomSlang = Superb

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoMM

Sold my Logitech MX700 (900Dpi) and ordered myself a Razer BoomSlang 2100dpi the other day, anyway, it arrived a few days ago and its bloody marvelous!!
If you play FPS's online and you are playing at a high resolution you know that if you have a pretty crappy mouse its very difficult to aim at somebody far away because the crosshair skips pixels, buying one of these Boomers has completely solved that, if you so much as look at it, it moves its so sensitive.

I was playing the UT2004 demo last night on an iGib server and i was getting almost 80% accuracy, its feels really comfortable in your hand, the weight is perfect and it has teflon mouse feet so it glides flawlessly over my Icemat, the "on-the-fly" mouse sensitity is the most brilliant thing ever imo, all you gotta do is hold down the thumb button and scroll the mouse up and down and the sensitivity of the mouse alters, so if you need to snipe someone, you put it right down, if you are in a scrap and at close range you knock it right up, its so useful, and for £45 i cant go wrong.

If your in need of a new mouse and you want one which you think will make you aim better in games, i COMPLETELY INSIST that you get a BoomSlang, they are amazing!!

If you wanna game on my UT2004 demo server (iGib) add me to your MSN messenger list (d0m_uk@hotmail.com) and i'll strat us a server. Ive Pre-Ordered my copy of UT2004, so ill be playing the proper game come next monday :D

BUY A BOOMSLANG!!!

I always wanted to get a boomslang mouse but I just couldn't justify spending $100+ on a mouse so I went for the logitech mouseman dual optical. Its got the same optical sensor as the MX700 but two of them doubling the sensitivity to 1600dpi. I play FPS games alot and I liked it so much that I now have two, one for my desktop and one for my laptop.

They dont cost that much anymore, i got mine for £45, (about $65) although i do like Logitech products, you really do notice those extra DPI's especially in games, plus the drivers for the boome ronly take up 4mb as aposed to the Logitech mouseware drivers shich take up nearly 12mb and the on the fly sensitivity is a really brilliant thing.

Next time you ever need to buy a mouse, look no further

(i dont actually work for TerraTec :p sounds like im promo'ing their products. I could work for QVC actually, what do you think? have i sold it well enough?)

Originally posted by (=DoM=)
the drivers for the boome ronly take up 4mb as aposed to the Logitech mouseware drivers shich take up nearly 12mb and the on the fly sensitivity is a really brilliant thing.
Do those mice need special drivers to use that extra resolution?

No Mictlantecuhtli, just the drivers you get on disk, which are both easy to use and powerful

I'm perfectly satisfied with my MX500. Dunno how anyone here could possibly tell the difference (and it have an impact on their online scores) between mice. You guys just need to learn the value of money, and not spend $60 just on a mouse that I doubt you'll ever use the full potential of. Now if you make your living playing computer games, that would be different.

But, I guess I would rather use that $60 to pay for 2 months of car insurance :D

Also Razer have now gone one better and finally joined the optical market with the Viper

I read a brief review of this the other day and its apparently the system of optics that make this mouse precise and not the crazy DPI or a ridiculous number of images sampled per second..

enhanced2.jpg

You guys just need to learn the value of money

Dont want to turn this nasty Vehementi, but, even my computer literacy impaired mum can notice the difference between my 900Dpi MX700 and a 2100Dpi BoomSlang, if you dont see how a better mouse can impact on in-game performance then your quite obviously not a frequent player of aim dependant games like UT/2003/2004. However, if you were to play Ut2004 on any iGib server you would soon realise you were getting owned by vastly superior aimers who most probably have more precise mice than an MX500.

When the Boomslangs went bust in 2000, they were selling on eBay for $200. Goes to show how much people are willing to pay for one of these beauty's.

Anyway, as you havnt actual witnessed the quality of a BoomSlang, your in no position to argue. :grinthumb

Originally posted by Vehementi
But, I guess I would rather use that $60 to pay for 2 months of car insurance :D

$60 for 2 months?!?!?! I really have to get outta NY where its easily $200/month.

I've tested a Razer Boomslang 2100 and it did seem a little more precise than my MX700 but to be honest the ball motion is a little strange when you have been using optical mice for years. I compared my Counter-Strike performance over months with both mice and it wasn't that different. Maybe it excels in different games...

sure, it does require cleaning every couple of weeks, but the trick to not getting it dirty is to keep your mousemat clean, i have an Icemat so the traction between the ball and the mat is perfect, plus the one i have has Teflon mouse feet which make it glide effortlesly.

It does vary tremendously between games, in UT2004 iGib its one shot death, so you have to be as close to 100% accurate as possible, if you aim at someone in the back and miss, then theres a chance they'll turn round and shoot you and frag you. With normal weapons if you miss it isnt that big a deal coz you wont be killed with one shot.

Seriously tho, im only gonna debate how good this mouse is with people who have actually used one

I'll dig it out and give it some more testing.
Only annoying thing with it was one of the buttons started sticking which meant when I wanted to burst one shot from the M4 in Counter-Strike I often emptied the entire clip.
I certainly appreciated the "on-the-fly" sensitivity adjustment as when using a MAX unit in Planetside they are mean't to be difficult to steer when in the run mode. Maxing out the sensitivity just for this case in the game made them much more manageable. ;)

Yer gotta love that on-the-fly sensi, great feature, lol at your key sticking, picture you frantically getting your fingernails under the button trying to lever it up. Simple solution to stop buttons sticking is STOP EATING HONEY WITH YOUR FINGERS!

Originally posted by (=DoM=)
No Mictlantecuhtli, just the drivers you get on disk, which are both easy to use and powerful
That's what I meant - so you don't get that ultra-mega-Xtreme resolution with operating system's builtin driver?

I think about a year ago I went over to a friend's house for a mini-LAN party and he has one. I got to play a little UT on it, and some other games. It's a nice mouse I admit, but it definitely doesn't have the ergonomics, functionality, and didn't feel as good on the hand as my MX500 (which I actually got recently). The MX500+ series of mice aren't the best gaming mice anyway, they're too heavy.

Think I'd rather have the optical version (the viper), don't think I could ever go back to a ball mouse even if it is 2100dpi

i do like a decent mouse mat though, everglide giganta's, are fantastic with any optical mouse, even for non-professional gamers like myself, far more likely to notice a difference than going to a higher resolution mouse

Boomslang Mystify 2100

I got one about a week ago and at first i thought, oh no what i have done, just could'nt get used to it for the first few days.
Now i'm starting to get used to it, very accurate and smooth, worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back