1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Razer enters mobile gamepad market with Junglecat for iPhone

By Shawn Knight ยท 6 replies
Jun 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Gamepads for iOS devices have been around for several months but thus far, they've failed to catch fire for a number of different reasons. Perhaps that'll all change in the near future as gaming peripheral maker Razer on Tuesday announced...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 7,532   +2,672

Another useless pile of junk as far as I'm concerned. There are a lot of far better gaming platforms around than a phone. Oh well if it makes a few Shekels for Razer, why not?...

H3llion likes this.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,317   +259

So... They basically just reinvented the failed PSP Go as a case for an iPhone?

4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,281   +231

Better to just get an actual Playstation or Xbox controller. Firstly it's cheaper and it seems to me that actual PS/Xbox controller will be easier to use then that clunky junk.

Razer only makes decent mices tbh.

5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,544   +932

That's a better designed d-pad than anything they've put on a 360 controller..too small for real gaming, of course, but the shape is ideal.controllers?

6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 2,006   +189

Sweet to bad you can't use it on any phone. The price is kind high too. A simple clip on mini usb controller with this same button layout would b boss. But it is about damn time they started to make these addons KUDOS!

7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,281   +231

Still better to get an actual controller, more functionality and probably better ergonomics. Sure slightly bigger and you need a backpack but you are also saving money. To each their own I guess.