Razer enters mobile gamepad market with Junglecat for iPhone

By Shawn Knight
Jun 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Gamepads for iOS devices have been around for several months but thus far, they've failed to catch fire for a number of different reasons. Perhaps that'll all change in the near future as gaming peripheral maker Razer on Tuesday announced...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Another useless pile of junk as far as I'm concerned. There are a lot of far better gaming platforms around than a phone. Oh well if it makes a few Shekels for Razer, why not?...
    H3llion likes this.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

So... They basically just reinvented the failed PSP Go as a case for an iPhone?
  4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Better to just get an actual Playstation or Xbox controller. Firstly it's cheaper and it seems to me that actual PS/Xbox controller will be easier to use then that clunky junk.

Razer only makes decent mices tbh.
  5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

That's a better designed d-pad than anything they've put on a 360 controller..too small for real gaming, of course, but the shape is ideal.controllers?
  6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

Sweet to bad you can't use it on any phone. The price is kind high too. A simple clip on mini usb controller with this same button layout would b boss. But it is about damn time they started to make these addons KUDOS!
  7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Still better to get an actual controller, more functionality and probably better ergonomics. Sure slightly bigger and you need a backpack but you are also saving money. To each their own I guess.