Razer launches BlackWidow Stealth mechanical keyboard

Jos

After making its move into the gaming notebook market last week, Razer is now going back to its roots with the announcement of a new gaming peripheral: the BlackWidow Stealth mechanical keyboard. A follow-up to the original BlackWidow released last year, the keyboard also comes in both Standard and Ultimate versions, but has been refitted with a keyset that offers quieter feedback and lighter actuation force (45g versus 50g+ on the original).

This means the BlackWidow Stealth a bit lighter on the fingers and enables faster typing, while still offering tactile feedback to provide indication of key actuation. If you've done your research on mechanical keyboards, you'll also know that Cherry MX Brown switches have a nearer reset point than Blue switches, therefore you only have to lift the key a tiny bit after it has been actuated before repressing it.

In terms of features the BlackWidow Stealth Ultimate edition includes individually-backlit keys, via a 5-level lighting system, an anti-ghosting function that allows up to 6 simultaneous key presses, an Audio-Out/Mic-In jack, and USB-pass-through. The Standard edition forgoes these extra perks but still offers ten macro keys, multimedia controls, on-the-fly macro recording, customizable software profiles, a 1ms response time and a braided cable.

Both versions of Razer's new keyboard are available now for $80 or $130 depending on the model you go for.

Permalink to story.

all that technology is great but can't they have come up with a better design? that keyboard looks like a 1988 286 keyboard.

flat keyboard ?

damn ..still wanting for some one to release a Natural Curve keyboard just like the MS natural with backlit keys! I would spend 100$ on that ...

I have NOT found a better keyboard then the MS ergonomic 4000!

I want it with nice looking backlit keys! and I'm in!

It could use a better design, but the technology is amazing. I have the original one that clicks and clacks and now I have this to look forward to. I have annoyed enough people to be sold on the "silent" part ^^

I like it, but not the price. Mechanical is so expensive...

I'll get it if my Lycosa wears out

I find I can type quickly enough on the original one, and the clicky noises are very satisfying!

I went to RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) and there was this guy who had an invention that had a pressure sensitive keyboard for determining your mood over the internet. The amount of force on the keys was shown in colors and the harder you pressed the more it would show. I think a keyboard like that would be perfect for what you want.

Back