TechSpot

Razer refreshes Blade gaming laptop with GTX 970M GPU, 16GB RAM, QHD+ display and more

By Shawn Knight
Feb 3, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Razer has refreshed its popular Blade gaming laptop for 2015 and by all indications, this iteration could very well be the system to beat if gaming on a super thin system is your thing.

Read more

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 560   +172

Who games on less than a 15" screen though? 15.6" is the minimum I would get on a gaming laptop. I prefer 24" monitors on a desktop.

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

That HDMI 1.4a connector makes me sad. Sure it supports outputing at the native resolution, but only at 30fps. HDMI 2.0 and/or mini DP would have been a better offering I'd imagine, but that's just me griping what is likely a moot issue for whoever might actually buy this laptop.

ikesmasher likes this.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,551   +852

meh for the price youd kind of expect to be able to output at 60 FPS even if you only did it twice a year.

Darth Shiv likes this.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

And I just got really excited for Star Citizen.

madboyv1 likes this.
  6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

Everytime I see Star Citizen mentioned/pictured my jimmies get rustled a little. Can't wait.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

HOW MUCH??? Surely that's a typo...

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

If you click on the link right next to the price, you can double check unless you wanted to make the remark anyhow.

Also, "starting at" means the 128 gb, every system has the same video card, proc and ram, the drive is all that changes.

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Nope. I'm not interested in the device.

10. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

So no update for the pro?

11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,620   +376

Cannot understand why HDMI 2.0 wouldn't be available for it. Bleeding edge laptop, great screen, poor display output options. Doesn't make sense?