Razer's new Mamba features 16,000 DPI laser sensor in wired and wireless configurations

Shawn Knight

Staff member

razer unveils world advanced gaming mouse mamba razer e3 gaming mouse wireless mouse e3 2015 razer mamba mamba tournament edition tournament edition wired mouse razer synapse adjustable click force technology

Razer on Tuesday unveiled what it’s calling the world’s most advanced gaming mouse. Now in its third iteration, the 2015 Razer Mamba features a brand new 5G laser sensor and Adjustable Click Force Technology, among other features.

Technically, Razer announced two new mice: the wireless Mamba and the wired Mamba Tournament Edition.

Both feature a 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor that can track at up to 210 inches per second (50 G acceleration). It can also track up to 1 DPI increments and can track lift-off cut-off distance as precise as 0.1mm.

razer unveils world advanced gaming mouse mamba razer e3 gaming mouse wireless mouse e3 2015 razer mamba mamba tournament edition tournament edition wired mouse razer synapse adjustable click force technology

Furthermore, both feature nine programmable buttons including tilt-click scroll wheel and have Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable colors. The pair are also Razer Synapse enabled.

The standard Mamba can operate in either wired or wireless mode with 1ms response time. Battery life when wireless is rated at 20 hours of continuous gaming, Razer claims, and it comes with a magnetic charging dock to top off the battery when not in use.

The non-Tournament Edition also includes Adjustable Click Force Technology which provides gamers with a total of 14 different choices in terms of click force needed to activate the left and right mouse buttons.

MSRP is set at $89.99 for the wired Mamba Tournament Edition and $149.99 for the wireless Mamba. Both will be available as of the third quarter, Razer said.

Permalink to story.

I'll pass. I don't game on anything that low. :\
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.

Last edited:
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.
What? I can't really survive on anything lower than 3,500DPI xD
I literally brought in a Razer Ouroboros for work!

On anther note: PLEASE RAZER HEAR MY PLEA! Please upgrade the DeathAdder Left Handed Edition with newer Sensors!

1800 to 2200 is perfect for me, and lead the scoreboard on every first person shooter I play. I think for most people going much beyond say 3000 dpi will only make them inaccurate (swipe right too far for the headshot, have to swipe back left). I'm sure there is someone out there who can accurately play with 16,000 dpi, but there can't be many. I find a true optical sensor to outperform laser at lower dpi anyways.

I run mine at 2800 for just about every time. I have a button where I can adjust the sensitivity on the fly, but I rarely use. Every so often I turn my mouse all the way to 200 DPI for sniping at long distance. My max is 5700 on my G500 but I never use it. The highest I have it set to go to is 4400 DPI

Am I just setting my mouse up wrong? I turn the DPI up on the mouse and lower all the sensitivity options in Windows and games until it's at a comfortable level... It feels more precise and quicker without random jolts of acceleration, or am I missing something?

Did you not read the article? It says it runs at 16,000 DPI... do you drool on yourself when you try to read or something?

Back