Re: Booting from CD to disable NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I installed a new hard disk drive in my notebook computer. I did an install of Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 and everything went smooth. However, while working on it yesterday I received an error message. The message said.

*** STOP 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xFA388814, 0xFA388570, 0xF9B0A1FC)
*** ntfs.sys - Address F9B0A1FC Base at F9AFD000, Datestamp 41107eea.

Going through various forums I found I need to disable ntfs for anything to work, otherwise I can not use anything. I can not log on in regular, safe, or recovery mode. I can not even do a reinstall because when ever it gets to the format section it gives me a blue screen with the preceding message. I have been told to use an XP boot disk to disable ntfs however my notebook does not have a floppy drive. Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm. Who exactly told you to disable NTFS? Considering that NTFS is the filesystem where all your data resides, disabling NTFS would make the drive contents inaccessible, which would be rather pointless, don't you think?

Now, first: test the hard drive with the diagnostics utility from the drive maker. Second: test your system RAM with memtest86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back