RE-Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
im haveing a problem with getting my OS windows to re-format. we had a electric-spike and the system shut down {like i have it do] on restart it was way slower.i took thoe 1gig ram out because it said i had a problem with it,also re-set the cmos{mob asus A7N8X-E]i Put a diff 1gig in and running ram fine.**** still runs slower example take 12-18 min to re-boot ouch..have started virus scans and got alot of trojins and spywere and it even shut my macfee down had to re-install. the system wont let some progarms like ad-ware run its course it had at least 116 different spywares on the system at one time then it would lock up the program i have gotten rid of most of the virus through AVG..ok my question is i have tryed to re-format and when i get to the agreement of F8 to agree bamm nothing... all othe keyboard function work fine F8 works when i got to safe mode **** not in re-fromat mode ...?? does anyone think i still have a virus controll my keyboard? are OS ?and if so how do i find it and get rid of it..are does the OS need repair? :giddy: :eek:

if yr using a microsoft keyboard or a usb keyboard try using a cheap generic PS\2 keyboard. persoannly I have never gotten Mocrosoft keyboards to work for the reformatting process which is why I keep a cheap genric PS\2 keyboard around.

:wave: thanks for your im-put,im using a logitech keyboard also the F8 function works when i use it for safe mode,but not in re-format mode :confused:

"safe mode" and the boot enviornment are not the same. it works in safe mode because windows loads the drivers for the keyboard. what is happening if your Keyboard is USB is that usb is not supported at that point in the boot process.

you can check in the bios to see if you are able to enable usb support during the boot process. if that does not work I would suggest using a generic PS\2 board.

I think bart incuded USB support into his BartPE one or two versions ago. I have had usb support in my BartPE disk for a long time via a usb plugin.

:approve: the keyboard was the issue iam able to get past the F8 problem now, but i have a new one :knock: it gets to a point under the repair-console set up and tells me the \WINDOWS\CONFIG set up cannot continue until the folder is created :confused: also could there be a iisue with my HD are a virus are just a OS problem ? tks for all your im puts...

if you are trying to reformat then you should not be in repair console. to reformat simply delete the existing partition, format it and at that point windows will begin installing.

:cool: yep im really trying to re-format windows without loosing my files etc. on my HD if at all possible if this is a windows issue...still takes 12-18 min to boot up also my C:\ drive wont alow me to defrag are analyze the drive it will alow my other older smaller HD to defrag/analyze. Also if i do have the bitcen worm/viruse and i want to save theses folder/files etc to another external HD will the worm/virus tranfer too?are can i scan them for viruses then move them? :wave:

Do a virus\trojan scan onthe files you want to save then transfer them to another drive and do a clean format and reinstall of windows ont he problem drive. your not going ot get rid of your problems with a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back