Re-occuring windows explorer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a few days ago, maybe the better part of a week, my computer starts doing its own thing. these "things" ive come to call them are: very slow start up, the task bar ( thats the one with the clock and the start button , right?) will not respond after one or two minutes or being turned on, and all windows that open ( either by me or on there own ) will not close ( they just sit there and i cant do anything). the moment my computer starts, i get a window that reads windows explorer encountered a problem and needs to close. if i dont send or do send, the next window says something about a file named "postmortom" or something like that. the postmortom window has stoped coming up on its own. i have tried the thread you have about removing malwear, but i cant seem to finish some programs. almost like the computer wont let it. it will freeze forever until i do a "hard shutdown" when i hold the power buttom.

at this point any help would be great. maybe even a big rock could help.

Hi,

Please get through as much of the preliminary removal instructions as you can. Please post what programs or steps would not work for you and if you had any error messages. When you have completed the 15 steps the best that your computer will let you. please attach 3 logs.

1)Hijackthis log
2)Combofix log
3)AVG log

This thread is for the use of cody1racing only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back