(READ THIS)this is an utter disgrace

Thanks for fixing the link.

Absolute madness. what the hell are the US authorities doing?

If the NATO food packs are good enough for the troops, then surely to god they should be distributed to the starving.

Regards Howard :mad: :mad:

More federal incompetence with Katrina. I know I'd post up several links on the Blog relating to Katrina, but yet again we have to wonder exactly what lessons were learned from 9/11.
Last week I even saw a clip from the ex-FEMA head, the question being put to him about people in the stadium/convention centre & him not knowing about it, despite all the media coverage (does no-one in the department listen to radio or watch TV asked the interviewer), he simply stated he "wasn't factually aware of it" until 3 days later.

WTF? :eek:

This is out right stupidity! Go figure it's not on
any news cast here, like CNN, ABC, NBC...
Most Americans think the media here is
actually reporting the truth.

I am an American and don't want to slam the whole US but dudes
this is really stupid!

I mean come on, if you don't want it, send it to someone who does.

This makes me sad, btw THANK YOU UK, for caring!

i have heard that they are now stopping food from other countries, i dont know it this is true, but thats what i hear

I usually don't believe a word The Mirror says but this is absolutely atrocious. Just because a few bureaucrats want to ignore relevant statistics/ real world (More BSE in America than Europe, British meat free for years/THEY NEED FOOD DESPERATELY) means that their own citizens are deprived simply because of red tape and incompetence.
I know all Americans are as angry as we are, let alone disappointed by their own nation, but frankly... it makes me sick :mad:

how come the UK never send these rations packs to Africa?
they wouldnt be burned thats for sure...
Its highly unlikely that anyone in america would really starve to death

Don't give up on us yet...

Contrary to world knowledge, there are ppl here that do starve.
It's just not due to a natural disaster. It's they're right.
It's called the have's and the have's not.
The only tourist you are seeing are the rich ones.

Hollywood and the news do not report the truth.
Yes alot of ppl live the high life here and just as many live
low end. We have almost eliminated, taxed, the middle class
into non-existance. Freedom is not free, it comes with at very
high price and at the expense of others.

It does not resolve the issue of food being wasted,
that was sent by Nations that care.

I love America................but I love the world more.

There is a huge gulf between poor in america and REAL poor people in the 3rd world....
did you know That USA use's 1/3rd of the worlds resources!!! yet it has less the 1/20 the worlds population!!!!
1/5 of all the cars on the planet are in USA
1/3 of all the TV's...need i go on?
I wonder what % of the worlds computers USA has??
Look Europe is probabaly not much better, granted, I'm not america bashing im just making the point that you cant compare america's poor to the 3rd world..its absurd

toffeapple said:
I'm not america bashing im just making the point that you cant compare america's poor to the 3rd world..its absurd
By no means am I comparing and I don't think you are bashing us.

as i've said before, the blame lies with the G.O.P. george bush didn't stop his vacation until a week after katrina hit new orleans, for christ's sake! this was a failure of leadership, plain and simple.

zephead said:
as i've said before, the blame lies with the G.O.P. george bush didn't stop his vacation until a week after katrina hit new orleans, for christ's sake! this was a failure of leadership, plain and simple.
The President has no buisness poking around in local and regional politics. Its a failure of leadership you are right, but its not Bush's failure of leadership thats the problem here, its the Louisana leadership. Why are almost ALL your posts in this forum blaming Bush?

Also the entire congress was also on vacation at the same time.

i should have mentioned that brown, the tragically inept director of FEMA 'till recently, was appointed because he was friends with bush. a cnn investigation later found that he had no qualifications and his resume was mostly faked. perhaps if our president wasn't busy with his second 5 week vacation this year, he could have given orders that wouldn've made a difference. the president is the most powerful member of the US gov't and i think that he should have excersized his powers to evac new orleans, or at least let some nearby US military bases respond. basically, i'm saying that bush had the power to improve the situation, but he never gave the orders. in the end, the people got screwed.

I agree 100% with you Zephead. You've stated my views completely. Is a holiday more important than the peopleyou lead dying? You need to get your act together George! :mad:

yeah, bush has a lackluster performance record. this summer, the russian president a the belgian prime minister came to washington to meet with bush. they arrived in good standing, but bush made such an *** out of himself at the press conference (he slapped the russian guy on the back and called him a 'peice of work', in addition to other actions) that he managed to alienate both leaders, and failed in his goal of creating some sort of european terrorism protection agency.

in my opinion bush is a disgrace to america and everything it stands for

I never new about that, but it's just furthered my belief in Bush's incompetence.
Apparantly he has the same IQ as a fairly intelligent Gorilla, and I'm not sure I want that kind of man leading the most powerful nation on Earth.

If you guys are just going to talk amoungst yourselves take it to PMs rather than here. This is not a political forum.

The country ain't lead by George, it's lead by a large room full of suits.

I agree with you all on the food issue. But give a few seconds thought to what would happen if a small infection or disease broke out? How quickly would something like that spread? It would be like a Genocide of Louisiana.

This ain't the place to talk such things of course, but just food for thought. I mean, cause people enjoy bashing George. If you woke up one morning and there was water half way up your 2nd story house, would you give a crap what the President is doing right then? I mean, it's just about survival.
You local emergency sources kick in, then your county, then your statewide, then last of all the country's own resources. I don't know, it's not like Bush was the first person to hear about flooding while everybody else sat around clueless. Everybody else new about it before he did I'm sure. Only until his advisors inform him of things does he know about it.

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing.

He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as
the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

Finchy
toffeapple
zephead

Play amounst yourselves in PMs if you hate the US and Bush so much. Don't do it here. Believe it or not some of the members here disagree with you, but people just don't want a fight. Politics and religion are 2 topics that don't belong on this forum. I don't know how many times Julio or I or any other mods have to close threads on this before you guys get the point.
We don't like closing threads, we like to keep this as open as possible, but religion and politics are not topics that are good to discuss on Techspot. So in my last (and this time formal) request, please take this to a private discussion amoungst yourselves. Or take it off this forum completely.

erm, I'm going to agree with you on religon and politics, and their not being ideal topics for this forum.

I have to say though, I've not seen anyone say they hate the US here. Zephead even lives there. I myself don't like Bush (like 49% of the US doesn't - no need to get into my reasons here). That doesn't mean that I hate the US itself though. Quite the opposite to be honest.

Now, back to the original topic - I was a little annoyed at massive amouts of food aid paid for and generously given by the british people (not Blair. I hate hime too! lol). That said. It's old news now. Maybe time to let this thread drop methinks.

edit - that's quite literally all I want to say. period.

heh I missed a letter

people can disagree with bush all they want, I am in no position to try to say one way or another on that. But I AM in position to say what will and what will not stand on TS, and this type of stuff has been toeing the line for a while now, with several warnings, and a few closed threads.
I said in my previous post we dont' like to close them, and I meant it. But we'll close them up in a heartbeat if we feel we need to.

Back