TechSpot

Reading/Writing data from/To Handheld device which is connected through serial port

By Vandana
Nov 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,
    I am writing code for handheld device using WinCE.

My problem is, i have to read/write a text file from/to a desktop machine to the handheld device, which is connected through serial port of desktop machine.

please help me anyone to find out the solution of it.

I have tried to connect the device to the desktop machine but how to read a specified file which is on desktop location from here.

Vandana
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Do you want the device to read a file from the PC or the PC to send a file to the device? These two approaches are fundamentally different.

If you want the device to read that file without user interaction, then you have to write a special device driver or a monitor program that would listen for requests from your device and provide the file.
  3. Vandana

Vandana TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

no not like that, my application will be on handheld device when user enter a key, application should read data from the specified location of the machine, which is connected to the device through serial port, and vice versa.

please guide me i stucked here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.