Ready to learn!

By Matthew2009
Sep 13, 2006
  1. Hello,
    I am Matthew. I am 15, 16 in October 22nd. I live in Scotland! I am really interested in PC building and website development. I have had sites in the past and I built my PC for under £230! Im here to learn and TRY to teach others what I pick up along the way! Please be nice to me as I am new, I will probubly get a LOT of things wrong, What else can you expect from a young person? :) So anyway, Hi all!
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

I'm young too (16 years old), and fortunately, I don't do too much stupid things :) (Well, just burned a mobo and CPU :haha:)

I'm sure you'll hear soon from Howard.

See you around! :)
  3. Matthew2009

Matthew2009 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Lol,havent done that YET> Blew up a PSU before. The red thing on back I turned down and it went out with a bang and smoke...Wont do that again. Learn frm your mistakes :D
  4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

I forgot to mention, we blew up a PSU before. We were controlling it's fans, in order to take some load off it (it was too weak), but we turned on the machine, and forgot to turn on the PSU fans.

So it did a big BOOOM, and died :eek:

Hehe, it costed only $15, and was a 450W A-Power PSU, but it managed to burn the CPU and the mobo.

I guess that won't happen again in a long time....(Hopefully :) )
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Matthew2009 and welcome to Techspot.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.