Real Hardware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elvrage

Alright, so my friend, who doesn't know much about computers, asked me to order him a PSU, in return I get $5.

I did it, and he told me it was an ATX case... Well turns out it's a Micro-ATX HP Pavilion 505W.

It says ATX on it, but there's no way in hell that you're ever going to be able to put anything that's regular in it. Nonetheless, I told him of the problem. I offered him a case to go along with it. He said sure, so I now have a new case to put it into.

The problem is.. I can't get everything out of it... So yeah. I have everything out lest the DvD drive, which is proving to be a real pain in the a**.

Well, I've been working at it for 30+ minutes, and still can't get it out. So I request your aid. I need this information preferrably by tomorrow morning, because it's his birthday Friday, and I wanted to finish it for him by then.

So Yeah, need help on getting it out. I've removed all screws holding it in, and even a portion of the faceplate that was blocking it. Here's some pictures of the case. I can get more detailed ones if needed.

Image 1:

0514082322a.jpg

Image 2:

0514082322.jpg

Image 3:

0514082321.jpg

isn't it ironic when you actually take the effort to explain something to someone else in detail, that you figure it out eventually on your own? has happened to me soo many times.
anywho. good luck with your new case/system. btw nice tool case

Posted late, but I believe the reason you learn more is because you have to examine everything.

mke said:
isn't it ironic when you actually take the effort to explain something to someone else in detail, that you figure it out eventually on your own? has happened to me soo many times.
anywho. good luck with your new case/system. btw nice tool case

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I figured that out. :D

Yeah, those tools were a Christmas present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back