Real life hover bed costs 1.6 mil

By Archean
Jun 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. [​IMG]

After spending seven years to develop just one piece of furniture i.e. bed, Janjaap Ruijssenaars has created a first of kind 'magnetic system' supporting a bed. It will be the world's most expensive (not sure one can call it luxurious) bed at 1.6 million dollars. By the way it is one big rectangular magnet.

This bed utilizes strings for just one purpose, i.e. so you don't float away into some corner of your room during the night. :p
  2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I'll bet the orders are flying in...
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 5,681   +86

I guess they are probably just as much worried about their 'beds flying away'.
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

For 1.6 million, I'd want racing stripes and loud mufflers. Maybe they could throw in a couple of sponsorship decals too....
  5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Call me crazy, but i just don't see how sleeping on top of a giant magnet can be "comforting".

I guess you'de have to watch your iron intake just in case you wake up and literally can't get out of bed :haha: (joke)
  6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 5,681   +86

I'll save 1.6 million, and do something naturally 'productive' with them and still save some.

Good point benny, I wonder what would be 'dangerous iron level' to sleep on this bed in the first place. :D
  7. secretassasin69

secretassasin69 TS Rookie Posts: 61

wouldn't sleeping on a magnetic block for 8 hours every night affect your health IMO it's like buying a deathbed for $1.6 mill