Real life hover bed costs 1.6 mil

Archean

Floating-Bed,5-U-294402-13.jpg

After spending seven years to develop just one piece of furniture i.e. bed, Janjaap Ruijssenaars has created a first of kind 'magnetic system' supporting a bed. It will be the world's most expensive (not sure one can call it luxurious) bed at 1.6 million dollars. By the way it is one big rectangular magnet.

Floating-Bed,5-T-294401-13.jpg

This bed utilizes strings for just one purpose, i.e. so you don't float away into some corner of your room during the night. :p

For 1.6 million, I'd want racing stripes and loud mufflers. Maybe they could throw in a couple of sponsorship decals too....

Call me crazy, but i just don't see how sleeping on top of a giant magnet can be "comforting".

I guess you'de have to watch your iron intake just in case you wake up and literally can't get out of bed :haha: (joke)

I'll save 1.6 million, and do something naturally 'productive' with them and still save some.

Good point benny, I wonder what would be 'dangerous iron level' to sleep on this bed in the first place. :D

wouldn't sleeping on a magnetic block for 8 hours every night affect your health IMO it's like buying a deathbed for $1.6 mill

Back