RealBlackStuff resigns as of 22 November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

Guys and Gals,
I've had enough.
Looking after all your Spyware and related problems, (that quite often could easily be solved, when you would only READ and FOLLOW the stickies,) is not my idea of fun!

I've admonished several times, to make people more aware of those Read: posts, but that advice unfortunately went into deaf ears.

And when people are not following the advice given to them, I get annoyed, to put it mildly!
I have never been, and never will be, a diplomat, and I won't change anyway.
When people get rude to me, I get rude back; it's their problem after all, not mine!
I've done more than my fair share of problem solving, time for someone else to step into this vacancy.

Thank you to those who supported me.
Take care
RealBlackStuff.

Wow! I've seen some of the posts where you've given explicit instructions which were mostly ignored. I've laughed when you reply that they should try following the instructions you gave them and they reply that they did something else and now it's worse. I don't blame you for getting totally frustrated.

I'm hoping after a little time off - a vacation of sorts - that you'll reconsider your retirement as you're usually the person to whom I think of posting a question when I get stuck. Usually though, if I search the threads, I find you've already answered my question in a reply to someone else.

Well, have a couple pints of Guinness and relax for a while and see what you think after a time. I'm sure I speak for a large number of people when I say I hope to see you back.

HJT log attached (just kidding :) )

We'll miss you
~bs

We'll miss you buddy. I've only just joined these boards and you've already helped me out twice, which has been greatly appreciated. The info in the sticky threads has helped me improve my security ten fold.

Enjoy your retirement, sorry to see you go.

Smell the Glove

aw bye

I enjoyed reading your replies to problems, you helped me get rid of a virus and now that I have another problem, I just joined this forum hoping you in particular would help me. Sorry to see you go.

whoa...RBS does this mean you will not be on the boards at all? or just in this section? I hope it is not the latter

BLACKY!!!!!!!

I have always loved your attitude with people. Sure you are abrasive at times, but for me it was all a part of who you are, and I loved seeing you whip people into shape.

"Realblackstuff, I can fix your computer, but you're gonna get some attitude as I do it!!!"

Hopefully after a bit of a break you decide to come back. No one here can do what you do. And more than that, I don't think there are many people who have HELPED so many strangers, with their own free time, as you have.

On behalf of all those you have helped (I am one of them) THANK YOU.

And on behalf of all those to whom you have given attitude (I am one of them), I am gonna miss you around here, and will be waiting for your return.

Sorry to see you go Black. I can well understand your action and must say many a time shook my head at the so called following of instructions. Indeed I made sure that I read all posts you'd contributed to knowing I would be entertained (sadly at your expense) by the slapdash approach so many seemed to adopt in solving such complex problems.

If you do have a change of heart after a break you'll be warmly welcomed.

Happy Guiness time.

Boots

Take a break, have a few cold ones and then come back and pick your fights. Sometimes people actually listen and you save their day and that makes it worth the 10-1 ***** to good person ratio. Just think about the number of folks on this board that you helped at one time that are now helping others!

Succinct response

I would like to thank you for the clarity, brevity and from my experience,veracity of your contributions. I hope you enjoy a well deserved rest & recuperation or even a change of scenery.
A teacher at my school with a dry wit used to say in despair "you can take a horse to water but you can't make it think". Well, I guess that you have had your share of mules to coach & thank goodness for the direct approach - diplomats !!! - huh!! Cummerbunds & caveats

I can't quite believe that RBS is no longer going to be here to clean up my mess. I for one never gave him attitude and got none in return - just a load of good sense and for that I shall be eternally grateful.

Now before you go, RBS, if you could just look at my thread ('I've managed to make a mess...' ) I'll send you a case of the black stuff....

RIP

Joe

PS Pazuzu, I am also from York - small world!

don't let them get ya down..not everyone can be a bright as us Dubs :monkey:
JUst ignore all the spyware ones

Nooooo!!! This forum without you at the helm RBS will be like a cpu without a mainboard!

Seriously though mate, I'm hoping that you're not leaving the bords altogether, and I certainly understanding your reasons for resigning. Thanks for the various times you've helped me on the non-spyware stuff, and thanks for teaching me a few things about removing these dreaded nasties (if I ever get any I'll be even more competant at removing them :))

Anyways, If you ever decide to come back here and fix other peoples messes, I hope you know that a few of us appreciate what you've been doing, a number of us have been learning and practicing, and that those of us who have been doing these things have been equally frustrated at those that won't listen or take advice, and especially appreciative of your occasionally sharp and accurate tongue :p

Take care RBS - hope to see you around the rest of the boards here at least.

RealBlackStuff

I'm sorry to see you leave. You've helped me out more than once and I fully agree with what everyone else has said. Thanks for all your help.

Bsaber

RBS has not left Techspot. He has just stopped doing the Highjackthis logs etc.

Whether he will start doing them again at some point in the future is for RBS to decide.

I`m just glad he`s still on the forums.

Regards Howard :) :)

I suspect he's just got a lock-in somwhere in Dingle, which is incidentally where I'd rather be right now. Thanks again for all the help and patience. I'm off to buy a Mac as I've finally had it with Micro$oft.

Thank you all for your kind words.
I will not turn away from TS completely, I just want to take it a lot easier.
After all, I'm nearly 61 (for those who did not know) and I would like to spend more time playing golf (handicap 2).

Don't think I'm being idle now!
I used to design websites for a hobby, and as it turns out, I can even make good money by doing so.
Currently I am managing 15 websites of the conventional type.
Recently I started to fiddle with CMS (Content Management Systems), which includes having to learn about Apache server, MySQL (no problem as I used to be an IBM mainframe programmer), PHP, Mambo/Joomla and what have you.
A friend in Luxemburg is guiding me around all the pitfalls, but I guess once I have one system up and running, any next ones should be a doddle.
I got an order for a CMS-website already (selling fresh fish online), and a second one (interior decorating) is in the pipeline as well.
Me and my big mouth, I 'sold' the first customer on CMS, before I even knew how to do it!
Anybody interested could have a look at one of my sites: www.houseofnames.ie

Enough about that, I'll roam around occasionally, to help here and there.

Nice to know for sure that you`re still going to be around here mate.

I didn`t know you were quite that mature in years. I guess I`m not that far behind you lol.

A handicap of 2 eh, that`s a lot better than I ever was :p

Good luck to you with all your financial ventures.

Enjoy your much deserved rest, you`ve earned it.

Regards and good luck Howard
36_1_1.gif

Great to hear of your web building success :), great to see you around, and great to see you're still busy :D

good luck with all that RBS - I don't think you'll need it though lol

i also cannot stand to deal with people who don't follow directions and keep changing the subject before anything gets fixed. that's why i am a musician by night...it lets the anger right out.

bye bye

not been well lately and so i havent been on pc, so i have just discovered that you are easing the pressure. therefore i would like to thank you for all your help and advice that you have given to me personally. i am truely sorry to see you retire from ts.

wish you well!

'tom'

I never really liked the guy, putting up clear and concise posts that an ***** like me can follow with ease and fix my own problems. Who needs that!

I say to hell with him and his golf and personal life and career and always going on about delicious Guinness like it's the only beer in the world.

Cheers Mate. Thanks for the support and good luck with all your busy stuff.

Glad I read on...

Wow. Hadn't been on in a while, saw the thread title and PANICKED!!!!! Glad you will still be here, RBS, for us *****s in need. Most of us, I think, are learning from you. Some, however, simply can't be taught. Thanks for what you are able to give, and I echo the sentiments of the other posts.

"For an Irishman to talk to an equal, he must turn to the heavens...."

;) :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back