Really cool hidden video on all XP comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven3

To access a really cool starwars video made completely out of text, folow these instructions.(do not type ")

1) open run.
2) type "telnet" and hit enter
3) type "o" and hit enter
4) wait for it to load (5 secs) then type "towel.blinkenlights.nl" and hit enter
5) sit back, wait a lil and watch the magic :p

Thanks I wasn't aware of this little Windows XP easter egg called telnet. This new technology amazes and impresses anon. I hope one day we can discover the other alleged easter eggs in windows like ping, traceroute and maybe even functionality.

its not hidden in windows...

I just joined this site to make you all aware of telnet.
Telnet is a protocol to access a server (linux,unix,BSD) etc..

The text thing above mentioned is not a secret of Windows XP. You are actually connecting to server named "towel.blinkenlights.nl". If you don't have network connection u will never get that result.

and some smart fellow made that cool stuff out there in that server.

you can even see this in a Linux system, which has telnet (its free and open).

Don't think Microsoft is that smart. telnet,ping,etc.. all came in unix first and Microsoft copied the idea as always they do and still incomplete.

The fellow who made that cool stuff on server is smart. Not WINDOWS XP/ VISTA

Cheers

Thankyou Hackyou, ArrChoo (sorry about that)

Yes once you become very involved with Windows, Linux starts looking better all the time.

I still think they need another couple of years before they get in down packed, user friendly (without doing all those stupid commands)
And my biggest concern is Flash content on Linux (sorry I mean no Flash!)

Fix that (without emulating - which never works as well) and I think most will change.

So the other way around.
Once you become involved with Linux. Windows starts looking better all the time.

The key is, not to get involved !!

kimsland

I won't agree that the commands are stupid in linux. It has its own use.
Flash works well for me. but as you said, u have to get involved with linux to find the solution.
you could get the solution very easily on the web than for a Micrsoft software.

can you help me to remove Mediaplayer 11 from Vista?
they removed the overlay option from mediaplayer, because it was making confusion for users and now I m getting black screen on resizing the video in Mediaplayer. Thats not fare after paying for Vista. Moreover I cannot install older versions of media player, because Vista never allows me to do so.There is no solution on the web.
One more thing. Can you help me to setup virtual desktop connection in Windows XP home?. No it is possible only in a professional edition. you can only connect in home edition. why this discrimination. why Microsoft is so greedy for money.

I still feel linux is the best, if u really involve with that. you can change it to server,home,professional,premium or what ever edition I want.

Sorry man I hate Microsoft after using Vista on my new Laptop (this OS came with Laptop no choice).

Actually there's lots of support on Linux here at TechSpot (not saying you need it - but you can possible offer advice) Although users may be put off by your name!

Just create a new name if you want to support (if it allows this, not sure if the board goes by IP - probably)

Anyway, in regards to Windows errors faults (I'm not entirely sure if you were being fully sarcastic, so I'll answer, seeming you became a member here.

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

There you go

lol ok guys, please tone it down? lol this was sposed to be for people to watch this cool little video, not to learn about linux lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back