REALLY hopeless Mobo coz of ide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi!
is it really replacing the motherboard the solution when it suddenly have a hard time detecting devices?
one time it would boot up detecting all, then not detecting one, then the other, then the other, finally can't detecting ANYTHING, then back to normal. i've tried replacing the cables, checking if its loose or if its power failure. still, i'm lucky if i could have it to detect all in one boot.

could also be a PSU failure.

If you have an emachine, you might as well junk it. (or salvage parts)

LOL Where did the little eMachine hate blurb come from? I had a T2080 gave it to my kid who gave it to his 1/2 brother, who gave it to his 1/2 sister. 4+ years later, and all I've had to fix was the PSU, which like everything else on it wasn't proprietary. I'm still using the monitor.

Anyway, precious_rei. Have you ever had a flashlight that has weak batteries. When you turn it on it's bright then dims. If you turn it on in a few minutes it's bright then dims again? Sometimes a weak or dying CMOS battery will do what you are describing. It's the big flat watch battery thing on the mobo. Have it tested. It should be 3.3V. If you remove it you'll have to reset the BIOS. If you need help with that, post back with some specs.

only because Emachine failures have been posted a thousand times here!

If you had a good one, that's a rarity!

I'm sure. Kinda like Asus mobos eh? I just didn't see anything about it being an eMachine in her thread.

Have you established for sure it is a hardware problem? Be a shame purchasing new mobo if it's not gonna do anything.

good luck

regards,

korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back