TechSpot

Really Tough DVD Drive Problem

By Obi-Wan Jerkobi
Feb 16, 2008
  1. This is going to sound like a really cryptic post but I'll try to explain. I had this BTC 8x DVD+RW and had never burned DVD's on it before. I had just burned one dvd using imgburn which came with DVD Flick. From then on I couldn't burn any CD's let alone read them. THe peculiar thing is that it only stopped reading/writing CD's, DVDs burn and read fine. A little help? This is an old problem but at lots of other forums no one would respond.:(

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,982   +168

Try installing another CD/DVD combo burner and see if the problems go away

3. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 592

Any other DVD drive worked fine so its obviously the DVD drives fault I guess. (I said this was an old problem, like 3 weeks ago. I tried doing that already recently cause I want to sell that old pc.)

4. Tmagic650

So buy a cheap combo burner for the old system...

5. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 592

Do you have any links to any good ones that are like 30 - 40 dollars that don't have dumb quirks? :dead:

6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

7. Tmagic650

Yes there is a lot of good choices for combo burners in the $30 to $40 range. I am in the market for one myself... I do have an external Memorex Multiformat DVD recorder. It was $79.95 at Fry's in Las Vegas last month

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.