TechSpot

Realplayer problem.

By martinlw
Jan 20, 2008
  1. Hi,I have attempted to download Realplayer it says go to customer support it then redirects me to download again,still no joy,when you click to download a page, it comes up click run to start you click it and nothing happens,i wondered if it was because i am running Vista,anybody no whats happening.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

What web page are you first starting from? Sounds like the home page for their Support.

Try starting from the Real home page
    • Click the product download u want
    • You'll be prompted by a Vista download file security warning. Click Run and the download should start.

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

realplayer in the past had been plagued with spyware and adware - not to mention it bogs down your system. I really advise avoiding using it.

4. martinlw

martinlw TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 117

Hi,I have tried again on realplayers page still the same,i know it is not brilliant but the reason i need it is for the BBC I Player and Realplayer is the only one they use i think anyway.I will try again the I Player see if its possible to use Windows media player instead,but i dont think so,give it a shot anyway.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.