Realtek AC97 Audio (Onboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I've just joined and need to update my profile with my hardware details but for the moment I'll just say it's in relation to my A-Bit motherboard and the Realtek AC97 on board audio.

When trying to capture audio streams from Monty Python's Holy Grail (Camelot song) I noticed that there is only what can be described as a "wee-woo"in in the background.

Usually this noise is un-noticable but increasing the volume and editing the wave causes this to become really prominent.

Can anyone tell me if this is a standard problem with the onboard sound or if this is something I can resolve by updating the drivers?

Hope someone can help as it's really annoying.

Thanks.

How are you trying to record the sounds. By plugging the output into the microphone on your sound card or are you using some software.

I'm using a program called super audio grabber 3.0 - I'm pretty sure it's not this program that's causing the noise as it's evident when I max my audio and turn up the physical volume of my desktop speakers... Even when nothing's playing.

The noise is a constant fluctuation between a high and lower pitch tone.

Im not real sure what this could be. If the motherboard isnt faulty it cant be the built in sound card because I have had many build in sound card and none have done that noise in the background. Check to see if you have your microphone enabled. If it is mute or disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back