TechSpot

Realtek AC97 Audio problem

By Yanno
Jan 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Realtek AC97 Audio Sound card. It came in a package with the mainboard etc. I installed the driver and the sound seemed to work fine, when I was not actually making the computer "think". But when i started a game or any other program where the computer had to do alot of loading and processing to do, it started lagging. It sounded as if I am talking to someone over my cellphone, and I am in an area with low connection, so that i only hear bits and bobs from what is being said. The only difference is that I do here everything but in a sort of cut to pieces slow motion sound.
    I tried updating the Sound card's driver, it made it a little worse, so i rolled it back. I checked on the Soltek website (producer of my mainboard and soundcard) (www.soltek.com.tw). There it said that i'd have to update the Bios because there was a problem with the Bios and Windows XP Service pack 2, and that that will fix it. I don't know that much bout the BIOS and I don't know what it has to do with the Soundcard but, when i start up my computer it says BIOS is not installed. So i tried to update it, but that only works in DOS. But in DOS, my Harddrives don't get recognized, so i sit there with my little floppy, with the files on it, but not able to update the BIOS, because it tells me error 3 missing file.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.