Realtek AC'97 Code 10 = no sound

Hi people,

I'm new here to the forum and stumbled upon this place when google searching my problem. The reason I joined was because I was impressed with the advice given and ... ofcourse to solve the problem I'm experiencing. The following topic had the same problem however the advice did not solve it for me:

https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-drive-not-working-error-code-10.154503/

Here it goes: I have found an old computer somewhere on the attic which I want to convert into an arcade machine. So I started out with a clean format C, downloaded all drivers and everything seemed to be fine until I realised I had no sound... So went to hardware and found the annoying yellow circle around Realtek AC'97 audio, more info said code 10!

Steps taken:
1) downloaded all service pack upgrades, currently I'm on SP3 Windows XP
2) downloaded the software DriverEasy and installed all missing drivers.
3) ... (Please fill in the dots)

MSINFO32

Naam Realtek AC'97 Audio
Fabrikant Realtek
Status Fout (=dutch for not good)
PNP-apparaat-ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_006A&SUBSYS_10011695&REV_A1\3&13C0B0C5&0&30
Stuurprogramma c:\windows\system32\drivers\alcxwdm.sys (5.10.00.6300 built by: WinDDK, 3,93 MB (4.122.368 bytes), 6/09/2013 19:44)

DXDIAG (attachment)

I've been trying to solve this now for 8 hours, really need your help would be great!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
I don't think Realtek is right driver for your sound. First, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Realtek Audio driver.

Create a System Restore point. Then try the Cmedia driver HERE. Unzip and run the Setup.exe file

p.s. Also, go to the nvidia support site. Choose the option to let it scan your hardware for drivers. (to make sure all the chipset drivers installed)

You wer correct, the realtek driver wasn't the right one, after installing the Cmedia driver the sound started to work again!

Back