TechSpot

Realtek ALC88x and Intel 955X = no audio!

By danc
Oct 6, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, so I've tried three 955x boards now, all using the Realtek HD audio chips, and none of them have worked. I install the drivers, reboot, nothing happens. In Device Manager, it says unknown PCI device. The three boards were the Intel 955xbk, the Asus P5WD2 Premium, and now the ABIT AW8-MAX. Yeah, I'm getting real good at installing motherboards. The Abit board is the best, by the way. But why the heck won't the sound work? Using Windows XP SP2. I thought maybe it was the ATI PCI Express card that was messing it up, so I'm now using a GeForce MX 4000 PCI card. Still didn't fix it. Other than the video card, no other cards. Audio is enabled in the BIOS. I have just regular speakers, hooking to the computer with a line out plug and a mic in plug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is just very strange. Also, I'm using two SATA devices, a hard drive and a DVD-RAM drive. The CPU is a Pentium D 830. 1g of 667 MHz Non-ECC DDR2 RAM, forget the manufacturer.
  2. fig73

fig73 TS Rookie

Intel Audio Studio/Realtek Drivers

Any luck figuring it out? I have same issues with Intel D915PBL.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.