Realtek Audio Manager won't recognize playback device

I work at a library, and I'm running a set of dummy terminals off one PC running Windows Server 2008 R2 with NComputing cards. Realtek audio manager HD is running the sound. Youtube won't play unless there is an audio device "installed." I have headphones on each terminal, and the "sound" and volume mixer from Windows recognize the NComputing virtual speakers as the default playback device. You can hear sound on the headphones on other websites. However, Realtek Audio Manager doesn't recognize that or the headphones plugged into the back of the main unit (except on the main unit). I need to find a way to convince all the dummy terminals that there is a sound device plugged in - whether I can get Realtek Audio Manager to recognize the default playback device or if I have to get rid of Realtek altogether (which I don't want to do blindly for fear of what other problems I might cause).

I have checked and have the latest versions of all drivers installed.

Help! My patrons are always complaining because youtube doesn't work. I can add information on versions, etc. if needed later.

Back