TechSpot

Realtek Gigabit LAN + VOIP Router: sometimes 10 mbps, sometimes 100 mbps.........???

?

have you tried voip phone service yet?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. not sure (lol)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
By dopefisher
Feb 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a sipura 2100 that i use for my voip service through zingotel. i have had several voip routers, and i have noticed that sometimes my local connection status shows i am connected at 10 mbps, and sometimes 100 mbps. i currently have 8mbps comcast cable, and if my network card and phone router only connect at 10 mpbs, i am not able to reach my full one megabyte download speed when downloading from such places as newsgroups. is there a way to set it so my network always connects at 100 mbps?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

In the network card properties, you can force link speed and duplex.
  3. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 540

Hey, thanks! a quick answer... that's why i love this site. now that leaves me with another little problem. my connection will only work as high as 100 mbps half-duplex, and when it is connected it still shows it as 10 mbps. would this mean that my sipura 2100 only supports 10 mbps transfer rate? i can't seem to find any answer by googling OR checking out the sipura 2100 home page... any ideas nodsu?? :)
  4. dopefisher

DOOPE! solved my own problem. found a site saying this model only supports 10 mbps. what a gyp!!! lol.
  5. dopefisher

**UPDATE (lol)** putting the network card in 100 mbps half duplex mode DID, in fact, seem to help with the lack in DL speeds. i can now reach a peak of about 965-975 kb/s, whereas before, i only was able to reach 640-680. o well, im happy :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.