Realtek Gigabit LAN + VOIP Router: sometimes 10 mbps, sometimes 100 mbps.........???

have you tried voip phone service yet?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dopefisher

I have a sipura 2100 that i use for my voip service through zingotel. i have had several voip routers, and i have noticed that sometimes my local connection status shows i am connected at 10 mbps, and sometimes 100 mbps. i currently have 8mbps comcast cable, and if my network card and phone router only connect at 10 mpbs, i am not able to reach my full one megabyte download speed when downloading from such places as newsgroups. is there a way to set it so my network always connects at 100 mbps?

Hey, thanks! a quick answer... that's why i love this site. now that leaves me with another little problem. my connection will only work as high as 100 mbps half-duplex, and when it is connected it still shows it as 10 mbps. would this mean that my sipura 2100 only supports 10 mbps transfer rate? i can't seem to find any answer by googling OR checking out the sipura 2100 home page... any ideas nodsu?? :)

DOOPE! solved my own problem. found a site saying this model only supports 10 mbps. what a gyp!!! lol.

**UPDATE (lol)** putting the network card in 100 mbps half duplex mode DID, in fact, seem to help with the lack in DL speeds. i can now reach a peak of about 965-975 kb/s, whereas before, i only was able to reach 640-680. o well, im happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back