Realtek hd audio driver problems

By simisker
Nov 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i just had a new pc and ive gone to watch a film on it but it says audio device not installed, so i went thro sound,video and game controlers option in control panel and everything is installed. then i went thro in start menu>all programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control, and its sayin no available sound mixer. and it aint lettin me put my sound card thro the main sound settings. any help will be well appreciated
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

What are your complete compter specs? Do you have any yellow marks in the device manager?
  3. simisker

simisker Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4000+
    2.1ghz, 1GB of RAM,

and nope, there isnt a yellow exclamation mark anywhere on my device mnager, the sound does work cuz i tried the test sound in realtek audio manager, but the volume control wont pick it up. i tried unistallin it but its sayin it might be needed to boot the computer, ive tried installin a new driver and it just says installin driver failed
  4. Teranius

Teranius Newcomer, in training Posts: 138

try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
  5. simisker

it doesnt let me, it says cannot uninstall cuz the driver might be needed to boot the computer
  6. Teranius

boot in safe mode and try again?
  7. simisker

how do i boot it in safe mode?
  8. Teranius

restart, while in bios press f8 to bring up the advanced boot menu and choose safe mode
  9. simisker

nope, still dont let me uninstall the driver
  10. Teranius

im guessing you wont be too keen on doing a fresh OS installation. have you tried updating the driver and your codecs?
  11. simisker

tried it all lol, i aint got a service pack 2 boot disc either my m8 done it for me

12. Teranius

if you can backup all your data format and reinstall. im sorry to say im running out of ideas
  13. simisker

cud it be cuz my HDD is partitioned?
  14. Teranius

no, im rather thinking something might be corrupted on your windows installation
  15. Teranius

no, im rather thinking something might be corrupted on your windows installation
  16. Teranius

WHOA! sorry about that, dont know what happened
  17. simisker

shud it totally format my HDD and reinstall windows?
  18. simisker

i finally done it lol, i had to go to add or remove programs, uninstall all the drivers from there, but its all done now, thx for the help

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.