RealTek HD microphone problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandle

hi, i'm new here. I got the A-Bit IP35 Pro Motherboard with RealTek HD 7.1 sound (not AC97). I plugged my mic in and when i test it, it echos extremly loudly, and after a while it turns into a sqeek like when a guitar amp is left on distortion and not being played. I tried it in a game (Counter-Strike: Source) and people said my mic echoed very loudly and i couldn't be understood. Tn the RealTek sound Manager, under microphone, i have Noise Supression and Acoustic Audio Cancelation both checked. can anyone help me make my mic work right? :)

i just got a $45 sennheiser pc151 and its doing the same thing! its only bad in source games. (counter-strike source, day of defeat source, etc).

Thanks Eroz,
that exactly what a meant. So many times I wonder how we can possibly help those that have no idea what a computer is :(

yes it is free to update your BIOS.... The BIOS, in simplest terms, tells your motherboard what is connected to it and how it is to operate. (someone correct me if I am wrong)

Here is a guide detailing you how to upgrade/update your BIOS.

DON'T update your BIOS....that's prob the last thing to try. (yes it's free, but if you do it wrong..your pc is toast..until you pay for a new BIOS chip or have yours reloaded professionally).

It's most likely a driver issue or a hardware conflict (your Abit isn't seeing the anti-echo feedback signal due to voltage levels and stuff)(you can't fix that with a BIOS update)

If it's just a driver issue, you can search for a drive from the mic manufacturer website or your sound card manuf. website.

Sometimes a driver conflict/error can ONLY be fixed with a BIOS update. Contact Abit for further details.

Hi people! and Hello commandle!

I read yesterday your posts here, guys. And i think i have the same problem as you, Commandle, had.
I thought my problem was the same as your's just because of you say that:

>> I plugged my mic in and when i test it, it echos extremly loudly, and after a while it turns
>> into a sqeek like when a guitar amp is left on distortion and not being played. I tried it in a
>> game (Counter-Strike: Source) and people said my mic echoed very loudly and i couldn't
>>be understood.

The same goes to me. I tried to turn on voice_loopback (voice_loopback 1, the setting which allows you to hear how another players hear you when you say something in a microphone) in the Counter-Strike Source and found that when I produce a sound by my micrphone I can here it always changin like a dj's effect more and more until I keep pressed a button binded to the +voicerecord command ("k" button by default).
And after some research I even thought that this is a hardware problem of my soundcard which cannot be fixed ever. But at the last moment I recognized that another PC in my room (i have two PCs actually) differs from the first one at every of its components except the one - the soundcard. And this another PC doesn't have such problem in the Counter-Strike Source at all.

So after reading a lot of articles of forums and so on I didn't find a thing at all. The problem is reproducible even with the last device drivers I've downloaded from the Realtek official site (www_realtek_com_tw, God bless Taiwan!! :D) But, thanks to Heaven, I found the reason by myself.

The reason of the problem is Stereo Mix setting. If it turned on the bug can be reproduced on any machine with the same built in soundcard - the Realtek High Definition Audio. I already checked out 5 machines with a different motherboards but with the same soundcard. It's stable and reproducible.

You can find this setting in the "Master Volume" window (double-click on the volume indicator in the windows tray). Go to the Options->Properties dialog. Then in the "Mixer Device" field choose "Realtek HD Audio Input" and after this click "Stereo Mix" check box in the list box below. Then press OK button and the "Recording Control" window should popup on a screen. In this dialog check on the "Mute" check box placed under the "Stereo Mix" control. Done.

Hope this will be helpful to anybody who has the same problem as I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back