Realtek NIC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

Hey guys

so here i am finishing on cleanig a comp of viruses, i go to plug the net it and it works great
thwe nwext day i go to twest it and it dont work, aftwer a few restarts it works again and i can see it in network connections

now i cannot gwet online at all and after a few restarts it dissiperrs from network manager and has werror codwe 10 in device manager

thwe nic is a realtek tcl 8139
it dosent light up eather

n e one know wats up here

thanks

Hey swker98,
I know you're not an English major,
no light up... remove the drivers and reboot. If still no light up, scrap the NIC and buy another

thanks will try now

i disabled and reanabled and i gwet a light but only the on light not the status transfer light but i get limited or no contivity

sorry for the bad typing

im getting a new keybord

the "e" key sticks wtih the "w" key

thats why my spellin was bad

I am disabled too, But I was an English major. I have Cerebral Palsy. Replace the NIC. They are cheap now. I use 2 finger typing and I have a good keyboard

I've had probably 7 8139s die on me. They are extremely cheap both in cost and quality, replace the NIC its dead.

Make sure its seated properly first, and I guess you could try another PCI slot, but those 8139s die so often I imagine its just dead.

i fowled tmagics advice

i went into safemode and uninstalled it

windows installed it

i restrted 3 times and now it works

its been going for a day now

is this a coincodice or is it fixed
i guss ill find out

i kinda thoguht it was cheep consideing the cable company gave it to them when they got the cable voip modem

Good going swker98,
now I see where I was confused about disability... Get that new keyboard! I use one from Wal-Mart, only $12. It works fine :)

arg the damn light went out again

i restrted and it happioned again so i said hell with it and put in my netgear fa 311 thats like 10 years old and now it works like a charm

Did you restart or start from cold? I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI sound card that does this from a cold start. Restarts don't affect it.

Note: a cold start is equal to turning the computer off, then back on

swker98 said:
arg the damn light went out again

i restrted and it happioned again so i said hell with it and put in my netgear fa 311 thats like 10 years old and now it works like a charm

Nice. I still can be right then.

yea your prob right

sngx

it fails both after a cold start and restart but then it works after both also
so ill jsut give her my old nic

it works fine

the mobo nic is messed up also

it reads lmited or no contivity but nothing is pluged in

thats what you get with via insted of gonig with nforce3 but thats compaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back