Realtek real trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Now I've really done it. Realtek audio wasn't allowing me to record microphone...so I uninstalled it and now have NO audio. Trouble is, I can't find my Windows XP disc, and it seems that I can't download this driver from anywhere. Any suggestions?

What motherboard are you using and which Realtek integrated sound?
You may have to look at your manual or open the case to see what its name and model number is.

You can go to the maker of your motherboard website and get the driver you need.

If your pc is a oem then you can get the driver thru support and driver download from most oems like Dell.

Why cant you download the driver?
You can also try www.driverguide.com as they are a storehouse of most drivers new and old.

You may be able to find it on Realteks site,
www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

I'm thinking of a number from 1 to 10....What is it....?

markgebbiedesig said:
Hi. Now I've really done it. Realtek audio wasn't allowing me to record microphone...so I uninstalled it and now have NO audio. Trouble is, I can't find my Windows XP disc, and it seems that I can't download this driver from anywhere. Any suggestions?
You have to admit "this driver" is vague, even by Techspot standards.

Seriously though, we'd love to help, at least after we get some more information. Here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ just to show you our hearts are in the right place.

Gosh, I find plenty of RealTek drivers on various sites... motherboard, audio cards, and so on. Even RealTek AC'97 should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back