Reboot and Select Boot Device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujiruo

hi techspot community
my pc has been getting a blue screen error so I started a thread here about it and attached some dump files. And then Tmagic told me that it could be my Ram or graphics card. so what i did i changed my ram to another ram slot in Motherboard(i dont have a new ram to test it, it is faulty). What happened is that the old problem came back. I dont get any blue screen, my pc will just suddenly restart by itself, then in the startup process it only display the part of the wherein it says that "press del to enter setup" after that it says that "Reboot and Select Boot Device or Media, Press a key to continu. so i restart my pc again check the bios if it detects my HD, and it doesn't detect it. So to resolved it is to turn off my pc including the AVR wait for a few seconds reboot my pc and then it start up like there was no problem

so here is the new error i'm getting
BCCode : 7a BCP1 : C02017D8 BCP2 : C000000E BCP3 : 805F60BD
BCP4 : 07F91860 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

and the dumpfile that was generated today

Windows XP SP2
P4VP-MX(MB)
Intel Celeron 2.0GHz
256 MB DDR Ram
40 GB Seagate HD(3 months old)

If the BIOS doesn't find your drive, then you can forget about minidumps and anything Windows. You have a hardware problem. Since it goes away after being turned off for a while, then maybe overheating?

I doubt that its overheating since it restarts only after a few minutes after starting up. yea i think its a hardware problem too. but do you have any idea
what hardware is it? i just bought i new IDE cable, that is suspicion.

Looks like a Hard Drive problem. If it's not the cable then it's probably a faulty HDD. It can take a few months for a faulty Drive to start playing up.

BugCheck 7A, {c02017d8, c000000e, 805f60bd, 7f91860}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+1c5 ) <-- Pagefile?

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

i just bought a new IDE cable, and seems to stop. normal startup(hope it doesnt come back, i'm observing for a fews day)

well anyways thanks guys for the time to reply my thread it helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back