Reboot help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can someone help me with my computer reboot, It turns off everytime i turn on a TV or a vaccum cleaner, at first I thought it got overheated so I changed the case with like 6 fans in it, it still did it, I changed the proccessor fan no help, then I tried to put in my other computers Power supply wich is 480 wats still no difference I pluged it in from 2 different places nothing, so im thinking should I get a 650 watt power supply, because when ever i turn on a tv or something that hugs energy it reboots, wierd that my other pc doesnt.

The one that does is a Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz HT, Geforce 6200 128mb 512 mb
with 450power
the one that doesnt turn of is a AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.2ghz radeon X1600pro 512mb 1 gig ram 480wats

any suggestions plz

It turns off everytime i turn on a TV or a vaccum cleaner

I'd be more inclined to suspect the household circuitry before anything in the computer - perhaps even the power cord itself. You sure the power supply isn't faulty in some way? That seems like more than enough juice.

I cahnged the power cord too, but the wierd thing is my other computer doesnt do this and has more specs that would drain energy then the one that does turn off

run a heavy gauge extension cord to an outlet on a different circuit in the house and see if that changes anything . If that works then you're pulling too much current of one circuit

just use a good quality extension cord , if that doesnt work then your problm is with your pc. I would try the power supply of your other machine and see if that works , sometimes when you fix computers it's trial and error. don't worry , you'll get it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back