Reboot Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyavenger54

I've got an abit ip35 pro motherboard if that helps any. The problem started this morning. Last night worked fine, and all I've done since is play windows media player and went to sleep. Got up this morning to turn my computer on and the problem occured. I get up to the point just after the splash screen and then i get the "BSOD" which is up for about half of a second. I put in my XP disk to reformat and when the "press any key to load from cd" option comes up I am unable to because during that portion I cant use my keyboard for some reason. Any help?

try tapping F8 prior to windows loading. On the options menu select "Last known good configuration" and press enter. Let us know what happens

no keyboard activity during that portion either. most i can do is press delete before any of that starts and mess with my bios

I am guessing here, but this is a USB keyboard? If so do you have an old PS/2 keyboard, or the adapter that comes with the usb keyboards I would give that a try first if you have one.

ive tried using another keyboard and still the same problem, also tried another usb keyboard and nothing. It works on the start up to a point, and when it gets to the "push any key to boot from cd" i can't so that goes by. Then it gets to the options on how to boot (ex. safe mode, etc) and i can't use my keyboard there either.

Go into bios then (where the keyboard works) and use the arrow keys to go to Boot Tab -> press enter -> change the boot sequence to your CD drive being in the first slot -> press F10 to save and exit

Your machine will boot from CD without you having to press any key to load from cd

you would think so, but nothing, been thorugh that, removed one stick at a ram at a time to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. ill try it again though. see if it decided to work

Can't use your keyboard eh? and you've tried using a usb to ps/2 adaptor?
***Sucks on corncob pipe***
You can't get into the windows cd because that requires you "to press anykey"
***Sucks on corncob pipe, again***
I would try the keyboards on another computer just to make sure, and try to reset bios and unconnect power supply and regrounding the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back