Reboot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly the best with the computers but i do know something is obviously wrong. My computer was built by a friend so that may have something to do with my problem. The problem is i went to restart and when windows/motherboard w.e wasn't loading up. I shut off the computer and when i powered it back up again, same thing happened. My friend suggested that i may not be getting enough power to the computer to boot up, but i hooked it up to its own outlet and the same thing happened. This happened once before awhile ago but soon after i reformatted so it seemed to solve the problem. I'm thinking that there may be a problem with the wiring but then again why would something like this happen almost after a year it was built.

One thing that i do notice is that the harddrive makes a clicking sound as if it wants to do something but can't. This happens when its trying to boot up. The fans go on as if its about to boot up but nothing happens. It can idle like that for hours if i left it. Any suggestions would be apprecaiated. Thank you.

Have your friend install another hard drive, and see if the computer starts to boot. You can disconnect the hard drive cables and see if the computer boots to "no operating system found"... if the system gets to this point, the hard drive is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back