Rebooting problem possible due to SuperAntiSpyware

learninmypc

I ran my scans today (after getting my MS updates) Avast full, Mbam Quick scan & Superantispyware quick scan & as usual they came up clean.
I then rebooted & got a flickering screen with boot sector options & other choices one of which was F4 to exit.
Not being a techie, I tapped F4 & it continued its reboot process.
This is the 2nd time this has happened with the new version of Superantispyware.
After it rebooted, I got another MS update & had to restart again & got that flickering screen. I'm unable to get a screen shot of it & no camera to take a picture of it.
This first happened just after Superantispyware updated to its current version.
XP MCE 512 mb RAM. Need more info? I'll try to answer them.

Hmmm, Avast, MWN and SAS work well together. I have this setup on two systems though only Avast and SAS is in real time protection. I run MWB once a month or more if needed.

Does the Event Viewer show any Yellow Triangles or Red X's?

Hmmm, Avast, MWN and SAS work well together. I have this setup on two systems though only Avast and SAS is in real time protection. I run MWB once a month or more if needed.

Does the Event Viewer show any Yellow Triangles or Red X's?

I was just on my way in here to say I just rebooted & it did not happen again.
How do I get to the Event Viewer?
I'm headed to bed shortly, so I'll check back first thing in the morning, thanks for your speedy reply.

Well, I just rebooted again & it went flawless. I'll see what happens next time I run Superantispyware. Thanks for your help.:grinthumb

An Update; Yesterday, there was a program update for http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html so I installed it.
I just now did another QUICK scan (it was clean) & rebooted & NO flickering screen as before.
I believe it was just a glitch in SAS, although not being a techie,I don't know. Thanks for your help.:grinthumb

An Update; Yesterday, there was a program update for http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html so I installed it.
I just now did another QUICK scan (it was clean) & rebooted & NO flickering screen as before.
I believe it was just a glitch in SAS, although not being a techie,I don't know. Thanks for your help.:grinthumb

Excellent work on your part. :) SAS is a top notch product but even the best can have the occasional glitch.

Back