Rebuilt Comp Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys im new to this forum but i read alot of the reviews on it and i was wondering if u guys could help me with a Problem i have Just recently i brought a computer around christmas Time it was a Pentium3 processor with a older MoBo but it ran windows XP Pro. I ended up buying a New MoBo and Processor (SG-80 ABit MotherBoard and a 2.66GHz Pentium 4 Processor). I set up the comp put in the pc3200 256mb of Ram and Started it up. It shows me its checking my comp then it takes me to my Start Windows Normally , Safe Mode(with networking, Command Prompt) so i click start normally. Then about 2 seconds into the WIndows XP Pro screen it Turns Blue for about 1 second then starts all Over. Any Advice TY

Your hard drive will still have the chipset drivers for your old mobo and won`t work with your new mobo.

First, backup any important data. Then, go HERE and follow the instructions for doing a Windows repair.

If that doesn`t help, then a reformat and reinstall should sort it.

Regards Howard :)

Chipset -- northbridge / southbridge.

With Win98 you could move your HDD because it didn't need a different driver for every southbridge HDD controllers.

You could re-install it over the older one tho. To do this : Get the CD on bittorrent. It's not illegal I think if you already have your license. (You can buy CDs w/o license)

you'll need to buy one.

XP loads drivers specific to the hardware you use it on.

Also XP is licensed only for one machine at any given time.

if reusing the XP CD off an older system, you'll need to contact M$ at installation to get a new key. ( of course you'll need the CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back