Reccomended Settings for Z5500 and Audigy2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone had optimal settings for the Logitech Z5500 speaker set and the Audigy 2 platinum

when it comes to sound you have to listen and play around until it sounds the way you like it.

This more what you're looking for?

Disable CMSS in the EAX console.

In Speaker Settings select 5.1 Speakers, leave Digital Output Only unticked (Otherwise you'll only get 2 channel output).
Bass Redirection can be left Unticked (The Logitech system can control that itself).

The Creative Equalizer should be disabled.

As regards Surround Mixer, leave the Bass/Treble controls at their default levels (50) & set the Master Volume to something less than 100% (0.0dB) - recommended by some to go as "low" as 75% (-7.5dB) with it. The other sliders set to whatever you want.

In Audio HQ -> Device Controls -> Decoder tab select SPDIF Passthrough & set your DVD decoders to SPDIF Output also.

For media player try switching to Foobar 2000, I've a guide on that which should be posted soon.

Cool. That was more of what I was looking for. Thanks

I also noticed on that tab that I can choose the digital output sampling rate.
The speakers support 96 fully so is there any consequences to setting it to 96 or should I leave it at 48.

It might be something worth trying out in that case as the Audigy 2 might does a better job resampling to 96kHz than it does 48kHz. If you're using any of the EAX effects though 48Khz should be used as that what the effects engine works at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back