Recent Frequent BSOD's... Please help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmodaii

I've read through the help stickies and done all of the advised actions. I checked my physical memory sticks with memtest, I cleaned out my cpu fan, cooling fans even my video card's fan as well as the whole thing in general... I then updated my video, audio etc. drivers but my machine will still frequently BSOD. I've had this machine for a year now and it's only been happening recently, I've not really installed any new hardware or software lately either (unless net limiter and Azereus can BSOD a machine to death itself...)

personally I have no idea why this is happening. This is my machine spec:

Motherboard: Asus P5 LD2
Processor: P4 3.0GHz (the ones with 2mb cache if i recall correctly)
Ram: 4 x 512 sticks (2GB)
Video card: GeForce 7800 GTX
and that's it really there aren't any other bits and bobs installed.

Here is what my system log says about the error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xa84c71e8, 0xaade5be4, 0xaade58e0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100106-04.dmp.

and attached at the bottem are the minidumps in concern... (i checked all the other errors it always gives these addresses, the last 2 to happen are given)

Until very recently my machine would work untouched for hours... even days on end with no problems whatsoever. One thing I think that MAY have forced this action is that i changed my old 300 watt default powersupply with a new 400 watt one and it was making alot of noise. I turned it down to "quiet mode" and then decided that i should revert back and now its working with the old settings. Not sure if this would cause any problems but I thought i'd mention it anyway.

Any help would be appriciated since i am going nuts, i've even searched through microsoft's site and can't find any diagnosis of the program at all.

Thank you in advance...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both your minidumps crash at nltdi.sys. This is the Netlimiter driver and is a known issue.

Try updating Netlimiter. If that doesn`t help, uninstall Netlimiter.

You can also try this solution HERE. Look at post #7.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

oh by the way I tried opening the older minidumps (1 week or so old) with the debugging tool and came accross this:

Probably caused by : Sacm1K.sys

what is this related to? i've googled it but nothing shows up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back