Recommend me games please.

By Joawro
Jun 24, 2007
  1. I seem to be on my computer doing "nothing" really after I play all my usual games. I would like everyone to suggest me games you could download (Like those MMORPGs), or buy decent games from the stores. I like FPS, Action, MMORPGs, Racing, and some RTS games such as Warcraft III. And no games that are rated AO (Adults Only)

Here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
    RAM: 1024 PC3200 DDR2 RAM.
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS 256MB
    Motherboard: ASUS K8V SE
    CD-ROM: Not sure, but it's not DVD-ROM
    Sound card: It's good enough.

Please don't recommend me computer upgrades, I just want games that can work on my computer.

Also, I prefer Performace > Quality.

Edited: I live in the Eastern side on the United States. (Don't want to go in to more detail then that.) And I can't online shop because I don't know how to, and I think I'll just lose my money that way.
  2. megabomination

megabomination TS Booster Posts: 151

Have u played 'FAR CRY'. Ive a FX5700VE card,1GB and intel4 3GHZ.Its a cool game. Very fun to play.Would do really well with your card i reckon.This game cost me $20 Australian.(thats cheap).
  3. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Buying software now

First ? ,Where are you ?
    It's not easy to shop in person these days.
    Try Future Shop if you have one.
    Do you like Pinball sims ?
  4. Joawro

Joawro TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

I edited the 1st post to tell you where I am. I don't like pinball nor sims. And I don't think I ever heard of a shop called Future Shop before.
  5. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

Trust me you won't lose money shopping online.

Now games I would recommend:

Halo Combat Evolved
    Half-Life 2
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    Doom 3
    Doom 3 ROE
    Far Cry
    Project Snowblind
    Quake III Arena
    Quake IV
    GTA: San Andreas
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Area 51
    FPS Creator (I make my own games with this)
    Master of Orion (Requires Dos-Box under XP)
    Master of Orion II (No online under XP)
  6. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

You should consider listing games you have and enjoyed or didn't enjoy so as people here don't waste their time providing lists/info just to be received by "got it.. didn't like it" :D

That being said, the prior suggestion of Far Cry is a good one. It's bargain-bin material now so it can be had under $10 most places. Good FPS game.

FEAR is another great FPS/Action game with great graphics. It'll still play fine on your setup with medium to high settings.

Older FPS games that are cheap now and fun: Quake4, Doom3, Serious Sam 2. You can find most in the bargain bin for cheap here in the US.

Titles also skipped over by many that are fun include:
    The Movies (Hollywood studio simulation- make movies, train/hire actors and upgrade your lot. Non-violent strat/sim game)
    Fable : RPG-style game.
    Guild Wars: No monthly subscription MMO game for playing online with other players.
    Black and White 2: Strategy/Sim game and now has an expansion.
    Tomb Raider:Legend- If you're not a fan of later Tomb Raider games, Crystal Dynamics breathed new life into them with Legend and Anniversary. The graphics are improved and new control scheme is actually playable/non-frustrating. Totally redesigned and play 10x better/more involving.
    Supreme Commander: You'll need to crank the details down a bit to play on your rig, but an EXCELLENT RTS/Strategy game recently released.
  7. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Oblivion if you like roaming RPG games (though SSOC isnt really an RPG)

The Half-Life's, Far Cry, Quake 4, FEAR, Halo,Call of Duty 2 and Brothers in Arms for the FPS's

Evil Genius, Rome/ Medieval 2 Total War, Warcraft 3, Ground Control 2, Command and Conquer 3 for Strategy

Freelancer and the Prince of PErsia series are also worth a look
  8. Leesh

Leesh TS Rookie

Counter Strike Source - Best multiplayer FPS there is.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.