Recommendations for a value card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

au071

I am thinking about upgrading my old 64Meg Nvdia card on my Dell desktop; Any recommendation on a value card? I usually just play RTS or RPG games. Thanks.

What's your budget?
You might want to list the dell's model number so we can find what type of graphics upgrade slot it has to help find a compatible card as well.

It's a dell dimension desktop I bought about three years ago. 1.8GHZ P4, 512 M of Ram, Win XP Pro. AGP for graphics card.

My budget is under $200.

Thanks.

you can get a very nice card for under $200. you still never listed your dell's model number (demension is not a model number..lol), you say its AGP, is it 2x or 4x or 8x???? there is no generic AGP speed

your cpu won't be able to take the advantage of today's card (not to mention that your psu may not be able to handle the higher end cards) for your budget, I think go for 6600 or 6600GT range or the ati counterparts.

I think even the couple of gen's cards such as ati's 9800 would be much improvement over your current card. I think don't spend more than 100 and save that extra 100 for future upgrade, such as ram or new pc.

your prossor may be a bottleneck but i think eather a 9800pro or nvidia 6600gt would be and exellent fit for that system, both can be had for less then 140 dollors then you can put the otehr 60 dollors into 512 more ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back