Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

Hello everyone!
I'm a newbie to PC gaming, I have been playing "Dayz" on my HP laptop, but the graphics quality and lag I experience is rather annoying! So I'm looking to replace a few components on my laptop but I have no idea where to start or what to change, so I've come to Techspot looking for advice!(y)
bear in mind I don't want to blow the bank on loads of expensive upgrades:confused:
here are the specs, any suggestions?

Microprocessor
AMD Quad-Core A4-5000M APU with Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (1.5 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Chipset AMD A76M FCH
Memory 4 GB DDR3
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (up to 1.98 GB)
Hard Drive 750 GB 5400 rpm SATA
Up to 24 GB partition for system recovery

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...foCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5399488

Thanks in advance:):)

Unfortunately most laptops do not have the option of replacing components. Your options for this HP Laptop is: upgrading your RAM to 8GB (or more depending on how much max RAM the laptop allows) & changing the Hard Drive from the 5400 rpm to either a 7200 rpm or better yet a SSD. Laptops are not component swappable like the Desktop computers are. Most laptops have parts soldered in on the motherboard. You might be able to eliminate some "Lag" with the RAM and Hard Drive changes, but if you are looking for a drastic improvement, I would suggest a laptop more suited for gaming.

Back